Notices

Didn't drink today

Old 12-04-2014, 07:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Didn't drink today

Short and simple, this is a picture of me after I got drunk and fell down an escalator. Picture says a thousand words. Kind of big but you get the point, I will not drink. Inpatient still on the waiting list, but I am harassing them now.

Old 12-04-2014, 07:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Glad you are sober today, rinse and repeat.

Sorry you got hurt though.
Old 12-04-2014, 07:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Oh my goodness, Jeremy. When did this happen?
Old 12-04-2014, 07:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hang in there Jeremy - we are all supporting you.
Old 12-04-2014, 07:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Ouch! Must have hurt, falling down an escalator.
Old 12-04-2014, 07:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Just under a month ago now, I am going to have head scars for life now. However, I want everyone to see the damage alcohol physically and mentally does, this was taken after my immediate discharge from the hospital around 10 hours after my last drink, and I am still messed up.
Old 12-04-2014, 07:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

good to hear from you J, glad you are still with us and not drinking.

keep it going man
Old 12-04-2014, 07:32 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I hope this will be the final straw that gets you sober for good.
Old 12-04-2014, 07:34 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Oh my gosh, Jeremy. That looks awful.

I am so glad you aren't drinking today!

Keep pushing for inpatient... there has to be somebody who will take you soon.
Old 12-04-2014, 07:38 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

You are so right, Jeremy; alcohol damages us inside and out.

I hope that you don't worry too much about your forehead scars. I have found that most people notice a person's eyes and smile and the sincerity of their words or the quality of their laughter. Scars tend to fade into the background.

Hope you hear from inpatient soon.
Old 12-04-2014, 07:40 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I woke up with a bloody face and a swollen nose once and don't remember falling and hitting the bed, or was it the floor.....and I still drank. 31 days sober for me now. You can do it. One day at a time.
Old 12-04-2014, 07:42 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

I have a lot of head scars too, Jeremy...could be worse tho, right?

D
Old 12-04-2014, 07:44 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

I have found that vitamin E oil helped wounds heal with no scar when I thought there would be a scar.

I hope to hear soon that you have found an inpatient program!
Old 12-04-2014, 08:18 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Thanks for sharing. It's a good reminder not to drink. Luckily it wasn't worse and it won't be worse because... You don't drink anymore .
Old 12-04-2014, 08:45 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Good for you TDG!
Old 12-04-2014, 10:37 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hey Jeremy, after you have quit for a year or two... you cannot imagine how much better you will feel about everything.. you will be making better decisions and your entire life (job options, saving, moving up in the world). I am only on day 120ish (sober date: 08-02-14), but I feel like I am emerging from a cocoon for the first time. Things at my job have never been better plus I am been getting exercise anytime I feel edgy or sad so I am looking better and girls are noticing. Everything gets better, your whole outlook and you will find hope and things that you want to strive for. Each accomplishment is your own evidence that you are being successful; just as every time we drink is evidence that we are failing. When we fail consistently, repeatedly over the years, we see our life as a failure, one huge unredeemable mistake. When we feel this way, we don't give a sh&t and simply drink away and laugh at the destruction. We give up and treat life as a joke.

You have to treat yourself with some respect. Take care of yourself Jeremy. We are ALL capable of so much, as a human being. We limit ourselves with fear, beliefs/traditions, greed, envy, selfishness, alcoholism, various drug addictions.. LISTEN.. these are all things in our path that will halt our wisdom and growth. When we no longer learn from our mistakes and shudder in a bottle to escape the taste of a sober day then we become stagnant and suffer endlessly as to strive for further escape.

This is an age old battle since the dawn of our history. Long before Mesopotamian plumbing, electricity, refrigerators, air conditioning, cars, or TV. This is visceral to our specie. Our battle is the same as most others, but ours is to a much greater degree, that kills many of us.

We have to learn how to treat ourselves, and others, with love Jeremy. This compassion that we can give to ourselves and others, no matter how silly it may seem in the beginning, is a sacred key, a special kind of freedom. It is around us everyday but we do not feel it or see it because we are trapped in the spirals of escape. As you develop respect and love for yourself, and others, the key will slowly materialize and you may find that what will fulfill any craving IS all around you. But, while afflicting negative, selfish, destructive treatment towards ourselves we are blinding ourselves from this peace and freedom. Much like a eyeless worm that that a scientist transfected with the genes for eyes.. the worm spent it's entire life feeling the light's heat.. but until the worm had eyes did it see that with light it could see dirt, plants, trees and predators. This sight brought a completely new dimension into focus for a previously eyeless worm that basically could only feel it's surroundings, having no idea what it was interacting with.

Much love Jeremy, I hope this was helpful.
Old 12-04-2014, 11:43 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Take care Jeremy. Thinking of you.xx
Old 12-04-2014, 11:58 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

This picture is an asset now for the rest of your life. What's done is done and it is in the past. Now this is a reminder to you of where drinking ends in. It is a gun to shoot your AV with. If I were you I would make a high res print out if it and carry it with me to use when you AV has a pop at you.
Old 12-05-2014, 02:40 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Do your best

That looks sore as

reminds me of the trauma i caused myself when i used to drink

im glad were both sober

Glad your trying to get inpatient i commend you for that brother you can do this
Old 12-05-2014, 03:00 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

that looks bad. Sadly, I have had bumps, bruises, broken bones, stitches along the way. Im glad you took a picture. Its a reminder that its not worth it.