Notices

Admittedly, it's been brewing a long time...

Old 12-05-2014, 11:52 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Sending you plenty of hugs Nuu

sorry to hear you are having a rough time of it at the moment.

For me, my anger was something that really made me relapse. I now understand that it was a resentment-at the world, at others, at their behaviour, at their words, at their actions but ultimately the anger and resentment was within and at me. As time has passed I have learnt new ways of dealing with my anger when it arises. Yoga,meditation, taking time out, understanding what I can and cannot control about me and about others. it's hard at time but does help.

you are stronger than you realize and will get through this. please use all the resources available, including SR Look after yourself and allow us to look after you too
Old 12-06-2014, 12:01 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Aww..hey thanks all. I updated my situation a tad on other thread. I had a fabulous session with a therapist this morning where essentially we talked about my daily need to blow off excess energy in a variety of ways. I know I have to commit to a morning routine of certain disciplines (both meditative and progressive muscle relaxation)...as well as get myself for workouts one way or another. He gave me some absolutely astounding food for thought regarding a variety of practices and disciplines...

He, like my previous therapist, do work of their own each and every morning in order to essentially center and "steele" themselves for the heavy emotional workload each day bring. Both worked on the "social services/community level" dealing with extremely heavy issues daily in addiction and domestic violence etc...

I would not have known this had I not queried him on it as something he said reminded me of my previous therapist..and the conversation took flight from there.

It dawned on me....good mental health is a result of sound, healthy disciplines.
Old 12-06-2014, 02:19 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Don't just do something. Sit there!
Old 12-06-2014, 03:03 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Nuu, glad to hear you had a good session with your therapist. From your posts, you strike me as someone who is very self aware. If you find some ways to get centered, you will be just fine.
Old 12-06-2014, 03:12 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Fantastic that you pulled up quickly Nuu.

Thinking of you

Take care!!
Old 12-06-2014, 03:38 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nuudawn View Post
I want to be a non smoker and a non drinker. I want to be healthy. I want to work out and eat right and generally...

RESPECT myself...emotionally, spiritually and physically...
I will get there.
Nuu....

May I suggest an edit to this statement above?

I'd like you to say it to yourself... out loud.... corny though it may feel. Say it into the mirror and mean it. Because RIGHT NOW it can be true and RIGHT NOW is all we have.

"I AM a non smoker and I AM a non drinker. I AM healthy. I work out and eat right and generally...

I RESPECT MYSELF...emotionally, spiritually and physically...

I AM THERE"

These are not someday things, dear Nuudawn....

These are TODAY things.

Old 12-06-2014, 03:42 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

(((Nuu)))

You are so sharp. It'll come.