Notices

Doctor gave me "what for"

Old 12-04-2014, 11:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Doctor gave me "what for"

Yesterday... she is all about health (really, how very odd LOL) and gave me a talkin' to about my previous drinking habits and how they COULD have effected my health (I dodged a bullet). Told her I have quit and she was pleased, but she seemed a tad suspect, like she thinks I will start again. Now we are working on dietary changes and getting me back to the health club. She is a bit wholistic in her approach which I like.

Very grateful for my health at this point in my life. Like they say, without your health, you have nothing.
Old 12-04-2014, 11:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I will NOT drink to that!

Absolutely!!!! Good for you for getting yourself checked out just in case.
Old 12-04-2014, 11:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Here's to your happy, healthy life, ArtFriend!!!!!
Old 12-04-2014, 11:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Way to go Artfriend
Old 12-04-2014, 11:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by ArtFriend View Post
Yesterday... she is all about health (really, how very odd LOL) and gave me a talkin' to about my previous drinking habits and how they COULD have effected my health (I dodged a bullet). Told her I have quit and she was pleased, but she seemed a tad suspect, like she thinks I will start again. Now we are working on dietary changes and getting me back to the health club. She is a bit wholistic in her approach which I like.

Very grateful for my health at this point in my life. Like they say, without your health, you have nothing.
Good for you on getting checked out, I felt very relieved to find that I had suffered no long lasting issues myself.

Regarding her suspect thinking...it's most likely warranted. Not against you specifically, but the rotten truth is that addicts are more likely to return to their addiction than they are to stay sober long term. That absolutely does NOT mean that you can't stay sober long term, it just points out the reality and that the odds are stacked against us if we don't do everything we can to combat this.

Glad your health is good...and that you are taking proactive measures, feel good about that!