Notices

Step Four Status Report...

Old 12-04-2014, 10:14 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
as a sober contributor

I also balked at step 4. Once I had completed it, and huge sense of relief came over me. It was great to have it down on paper and discuss it with my sponsor.

AA should license the 'JUST DO IT!' logo from Nike! It doesn't have to be perfect, this is not the only time you will do the steps, there is no prize waiting for you when you finish.... just do it honestly and to the best of your ability.

I agree that rushing through it is also not a good idea but agonizing over it is equally bad.
Old 12-05-2014, 03:53 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I'm really not agonizing... It's just my process and my purpose in sharing was to allow newcomers and others a window into my experience and to hear about others' experience along my way.

I like what you said about it not being the only time....

I see some people talk about the steps as though they are an accomplishment like graduating from high school.

Already I can see that for me, working them all and in order is a structure I will 'complete' - but will also return to again and again at times throughout life.

Anyhow. I do value everyone's reflections and appreciate the encouragement.... More to come!