Notices

About a week

Old 12-04-2014, 04:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sober

About a week

I have about one week now and it's going great. I haven't felt the desire to drink. I've been eating well and walking a lot.

My doctor visit yesterday went well also. He's referred me to a psychiatrist to look into the trauma that caused me to drink in the first time. And at my request he's referred me to the hospital to have my health checked out.

Current withdrawal symptoms: some anxiety, disturbed sleep (awake often, but I fall asleep again easily and when I do sleep, it's improving in quality) and sometimes a slight sense of nausea (but that one is so mild, I'd give it a 1 on a scale from 1 to 10).

Now that I know that my trauma is going to get dealt with, I feel no need to drink. And I feel excited about the fact that it's going to get taken care of finally. And I've learned that drinking really doesn't solve it.

So, this is my current situation. I won't be able to log in as much since I'm doing some heavy computer maintenance. I had the thing crash on me recently and it's up and running for now, but I need to run more tests. So it might take a day or two. Maybe more.
Old 12-04-2014, 04:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi. Congratulations with your week.
The aim is not drinking one day at a time in a row. To me running tests on a computer can be very frustrating and a trigger to drink at your stage. I personally would concentrate on staying sober and reading posts here and going to AA meetingS etc.
Been there done that.

BE WELL
Old 12-04-2014, 04:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Well done on a week sober 25 keep going

Hope you sort the computer out

Congrats
Old 12-04-2014, 07:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats on the week! Glad you are feeling better.
Old 12-04-2014, 07:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your week, twentyfive! I think it's awesome that you've been successful, and at the same time you are reflecting and exploring further significant introspection. Keep it up!
Old 12-04-2014, 10:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Sober

Originally Posted by IOAA2 View Post
Hi. Congratulations with your week.
The aim is not drinking one day at a time in a row. To me running tests on a computer can be very frustrating and a trigger to drink at your stage. I personally would concentrate on staying sober and reading posts here and going to AA meetingS etc.
Been there done that.

BE WELL
I actually kind of like fixing computers. So it's a great distraction. It's still got a problem that needs to be fixed. It's about as slow as my drinking was when I was drunk.

Ok, next phase in computer repair... I'm going in full-force now.
Old 12-04-2014, 10:50 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on your recovery. I'm glad you're doing well, and I'm especially glad that you are ready to face your issues head on. I know how scary it is, but as you said, it's the beginning of the healing process.
Old 12-04-2014, 11:30 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Fantastic!!
Old 12-04-2014, 12:55 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Sober

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
Congratulations on your recovery. I'm glad you're doing well, and I'm especially glad that you are ready to face your issues head on. I know how scary it is, but as you said, it's the beginning of the healing process.
Found 2 problems with my pc. Malware and a broken disk. They're both solved but after this I need to do more. I do love computers.

You know, I don't even find it that scary anymore to face my trauma. Some mild anxiety. But primarily trust. Trust in the treatment that will make me better.

Off to pc maintenance again.