Notices

I'm getting angry with strangers

Old 12-04-2014, 03:10 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by endlesspatience View Post
And it achieved nothing so far and doing it again will not make it any more affective just get me in trouble.
This is true. You are robbing yourself of your serenity while making other people angry in the process. In the aftermath they walk away, never to be seen or heard from again while you are stuck with yourself being angry and disgruntled.

Let it go and worry about making you a better person. This should be your number one concern. You and your recovery. The rest of the world will spin without you help.
Old 12-04-2014, 06:40 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I used to smoke and one day a man came up and broke my cigarette right in half as I was trying to light it. I could not believe the balls this guy had. I was too shocked to even say anything. So, I know people do get kind of on their high horse around smokers. I quit over 20 years ago and I said I would never ever bother people who smoked, and I haven't. That is their cross to bear.
Old 12-04-2014, 09:34 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

While getting angry at smokers can be chalked on being in early sobriety and the beast being all peed off that you cannot drink or smoke I find it very disconcerting that your targets are females.
A man has NO business approaching a strange woman and yelling at her. Do you feel you have to "correct" their behavior because they are females or do females just make an easier target for your anger?
If you want to try your hand at bullying, I challenge you to go find a big biker guy or a skinhead and yell at him for smoking!
After all, smoking is terrible for their health too!
If you are seeing a therapist, I would suggest you tell him/her about what has been going on and examine why you are targeting women with your anger.
Shoot I d pay to hear what a Freudian therapist would make of that one.
Old 12-04-2014, 10:53 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

You wouldn't want to be judged. Don't judge others and just keep to your own lane.
Old 12-04-2014, 11:08 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Nobody likes to be told what to do. Plus, you just quit smoking, you know what being a smoker is like. Everyone knows it's bad for them. When people are ready to quit they do it themselves. Focus on what you need to be doing, don't bother other people about their lives. Your business is you. I found that I got pretty angry at random things the first 9 months of sobriety. Your body and mind are going through a major shift, it's easy to lash out at people when you are adjusting. So it might feel a bit like a rollarcoaster of emotions for a while. But it will even in out. You can do it!!!
Old 12-04-2014, 05:05 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I realise that I have been unkind and a bully. I couldn't really see it until you posted back. As GracieLou puts it "the rest of the world can spin without my help."