Notices

Blackout cheating

Old 12-02-2014, 04:03 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

For normal folks, if alcohol put them in those kinds of situations, they'd quit on the spot.

The fact that we don't, or we consider simply cutting back, speaks to the insane insidious power of this addiction.

Please keep yourself safe.

Give quitting everything you've got.
Old 12-02-2014, 04:10 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry for your situation. U posting this brings back memories of that awful feeling of coming out of a blackout in a totally dangerous situation. I have been there. I found tremendous support at AA. U never have to feel like this or even worry about feeling this way ever again. Just know that u are not alone. Take care of yourself and keep reaching out.
Old 12-02-2014, 06:02 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
HMS

Frixion, you made a good choice joining this forum. I made the same choice just a few days ago after waking up in much the same state you did.

I am a binge drinker and a blackout pro. The promiscuity that happens when we drink is something that I am dealing with as well.

I get on this site every day, multiple times a day. Someone recommended that I write down all the bad things I have done while on a bender, and read them when I feel like having "just one" to remind myself of the things that I am capable of doing.

You have found a good place, these folks have given me lots of support and lots of suggestions. I think about them when I cant be online and have the urge. I think about this site and my kids and my wife and my career and think about how I can throw it away for one more night of "just one"

Welcome to SR.

D
Old 12-02-2014, 06:37 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Can I find a way to just cut back?
Welcome to Sober Recovery Frixion. That's a scary story. From what you've described I don't think you will be able to cut back. Blacking out frequently is an indication of a serious problem.

There are many ways to get and stay sober. Many people try AA first because it's free and readily available in most areas. However, IMO, you have to first fully accept that you have a serious problem, and permanent sobriety is the only answer. Then you will need to work to achieve that goal. This is true for whatever recovery method you use.

I know you're hurting now, but the good news is you can get and stay sober, and have a happy, sober life--if you're willing to give yourself that gift. I hope you make that choice.
Old 12-02-2014, 06:57 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

hi! welcome to the forums!

sorry to hear your worries right now, but please don't be hard to yourself, it's not your fault my dear the best thing you can do right now is to step forward and continue to live. It will be a long and hard way, but in the end, it will all go better. Hoping you all the best.
Old 12-02-2014, 07:31 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you are having a hard time! You are in my prayers! Don't be ashamed. We have all been where you are....at least I have! It gets better if you just don't pick up that first drink!
Old 12-02-2014, 08:00 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Get tested for STD's before you have any sexual contact again. Then plan a path to recovery so you never have to experience anything like that again. Good luck!
Old 12-03-2014, 01:22 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I would not tell your boyfriend anything. It was a terrible misunderstanding/mistake in a blackout. Stop drinking today.
Old 12-03-2014, 03:07 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I always hated waking up to ceilings I didn't recognize. Spoiler Alert: This has nothing to do with fidelity....or maybe it does. I know if alcohol is in my life she is jealous and will kill all other relationships to have me exclusively. The choice is clear. You jumped in bed with alcohol. Your house--don't invite him again.