Notices

Mental illness and alcoholism schizophrenia

Old 12-03-2014, 06:50 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

It seems that there is such a strong correlation between drinking and being off the meds. Question is why would anyone do either since the ramifications are so horrific. But what you said about the lure of alternate reality...a place to hide...makes perfect sense. That's why you go off the meds and why we drink. Please stay on the meds Jeremy, and off the booze. This is really scary stuff and there are so many of us here who respect your intelligence and genuinely care about you. I don't want to see anything bad happen to you. I hope you can get the help you need to sort this out.
Old 12-05-2014, 03:03 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

how do you differentiate the difference between "voices" and your own thoughts?

how much longer until you can get into the inpatient?
Old 12-06-2014, 07:58 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

At times you can't differentiate between voices and your own thoughts they become merged in some mangled mess. You can't tell the difference, the voices become your thoughts, its become so loud and invasive in your mind you can't differentiate.

The voices and paranoia start to consume you, a tiny sliver of your former self tries to weigh reason against insanity but always comes up short. Hence the delusional you, and the real you merge and start fighting the good fight. The delusions can easily take over.

Even after being medicated, you wonder all the time, am I sane, can my thoughts be trusted? Was the sound i just heard, in my head or a true external sound. Its very complex and difficult to understand where you are at in the world at times. For me I have paranoia, about paranoia. I am afraid one day, again, I will lose touch with reality and go back to the bad place I came.

So how do you distinguish thoughts from voices, simply put at times you can't. And even if you could, you couldn't trust your own thoughts... So really I guess you would say in a delusional unmediated state you probably couldn't or would have a hell of a time doing it.