SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Day 1 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/352268-day-1-a.html)

Sinderos 12-01-2014 06:44 AM

Day 1

I started not to post because I have had too many day 1. I was going to get a couple of sober days under my belt first. However, I know I need support so here I am. The drive home at 5 is when it starts getting hard. Stopping at the liquor store has become routine. Today I'm not going to though. Today is a fresh start. I'm going to pick myself up and make good choices.

ScottFromWI 12-01-2014 06:47 AM

Welcome back Sinderos. Perhaps take a different route home tonight or stop at someplace that doesn't sell alcohol...like an ice cream stand. Or pick up some good food to make a good meal.

JT0626 12-01-2014 06:51 AM

Thanks for sharing & posting, Sinderos. Don't be ashamed of your Day 1. This is the start to a new & improved you. Keep coming back, we are here for you.

SoberLeigh 12-01-2014 06:52 AM

Hi, Sinderos, and welcome back.

Jillian2563 12-01-2014 06:55 AM

I'm with you. 5 is hard for me too b/c there is a store right around the corner from my work and there's no way around it to get on the interstate. But I don't have any money today do I have that going for me. I just want to head straight home, cook dinner and take a nap if I have to just to keep from drinking. I planned on starting yesterday but that didn't work.

Keep posting here. We don't need alcohol today. I plan on eating whatever I want in an effort to not drink.

Goliath68 12-01-2014 07:15 AM

I'm with you on the too many day 1s. Today is another as a matter of fact. Made it 29 days about 6 months ago and just as is my style I had to screw it up so I wouldn't reach 30 day milestone...

JanieJ 12-01-2014 07:26 AM

Welcome back. Sinderos :)

I've had many, many day 1s, my friend.

I found that I had to completely change my routine to stay sober, this time, and keep focussed on why I'm doing it.

You can do this.

Soberwolf 12-01-2014 09:01 AM

You can do this Sinderos welcome bk

Chillly 12-01-2014 09:05 AM

Drive a different route.

Nonsensical 12-01-2014 10:04 AM

There are 5 stores that sell hard liquor and I don't know how many that sell beer/wine between my work and my house. Driving past them all seemed unnatural for a while. But just for a while. Now I don't even think about it. Just grip that wheel and keep driving. You can do this.

Jsbodhi 12-01-2014 10:40 AM

That's what happens to me too, driving home after work. I actually did stop off at the liquor store yesterday and bought wine, but I dumped it out.
It's really hard to break those damn habits.
I think it's best to post even if you relapse, the support is the major part of my resolve.
I hate letting people down, I can let myself down just fine, but coming here is good for me, I want to be with everyone while we get sober and move forward with out lives,rather than sitting alone drinking with my self loathing, don't be alone.

ThatHombre 12-01-2014 10:43 AM

I'm on day one with ya.

Jsbodhi 12-01-2014 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by ThatHombre (Post 5050621)
I'm on day one with ya.

Aw! It's ok you guys, we'll get there xoxo.
I hate day 1 so much. I feel ya

Sinderos 12-01-2014 12:35 PM

Thanks for the encouraging words. I'm going to go home using the interstate. That will keep me from passing the liquor store. Looks like I'll have a lot of new friends to celebrate day 2 with tomorrow. You all hang in there. We can do this.

I'm exhausted today from my 3 day bender but I'm going to walk the dogs extra tonight. Just to have something to do. I have leftovers to eat so I won't have to cook. I may even start working out like I've been wanting to.

Hevyn 12-01-2014 01:16 PM

Very glad to see you back Sinderos. You can do this - it doesn't matter how many Day 1's there've been. This can be your last. There's nothing in it for us anymore.

PurpleKnight 12-01-2014 04:18 PM

You can do this Sinderos!! :)

Mac1 12-01-2014 04:31 PM

Hi Sinderos,
Day 1 is just horrible, just think how great it would be if this was the last time you had to go through it. Good luck!