Notices

Girlfriend in recovery

Old 11-30-2014, 03:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Girlfriend in recovery

On Thursday my girlfriend went to an in patient rehab in Florida. We are both from Virginia but I go to college in Philadelphia. I am 22 and she is 21. She was living with me at the time. She had a pill problem for awhile. It started when she hurt her back and then spiraled. I knew about the problem but I knew it helped her back so I thought it wasn't a big deal because doctors where doing nothing for her. When she came back for the fall semester with me it went to heroin and coke because pills are to expensive up here. She hid everything from me and stole from me. She even pawned my Ipad I use for school. (Which I did get back) She finally showed me everything and admitted she really wanted help and wanted to go to rehab.

We have been dating for 3 years and I have never seen anything like this with her. She has been a completely different person these past few months. I want to know if when she gets out she will be the same or a better version of who she was before the pills. She has told me she wishes she never even took the pain meds the doctors gave her in the first place. She has always been the person to take care of me. She hated when I paid or bought presents for her and then suddenly (and I mean SUDDENLY) she was stealing from me. I'm hurt but at the same time I know this wasn't her. She was a different person. I know she loves me and wants to be with me. She's afraid of losing me while she's in rehab but I'm afraid of losing her.

I have so many emotions running around. She IS a good person who just did some bad stuff. I know it'll take awhile but I want to trust her again. She knows that it will take a long time but she wants to gain my trust back.

(I know this wasn't much of a question but any advice would be lovely. Thank you for reading and your help.)
Old 11-30-2014, 04:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Laveneder welcome to forum

Just give it time

She will need time to recover so let her focus on that im sure youl be allowed to visit soon enough ?

we have a friends & family section where you can additional advice as well as here

Friends and Family of Alcoholics - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Nice to meet you
Old 11-30-2014, 04:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you. She is allowed to have her cellphone for a few hours at night. So I'm hoping she can call me when she's done with the detox phase.
Old 11-30-2014, 04:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't know what your girlfriend will be like when she gets out of treatment. I hope it goes well for her.

Have you considered AlAnon or NarAnon as a support for you.

Also we have a forum for Friends & Families:

Friends and Family of Substance Abusers - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Old 11-30-2014, 04:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum!!