Notices

Didnt think it could happen

Old 11-30-2014, 04:35 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

So glad to you're here and posting CNY46ER...I think you are on a good road.
I may not be popular for noting this but...
You are pretty new to SR and I think you knew there was a relapse coming...

You were wise...you tried something new...you joined a support forum..you are doing things for YOU...awesome.

Now..it seems that trying to salvage a marriage (that may or may not be worth salvaging) whilst you are trying to sober is a tall order...especially if they partner you are trying to salvage with is demanding more attention than you can bear...

Progress is never lost. Not in my books. I think you are still very much on a road of growth and recovery if you choose to stay on path...

I hope you choose sobriety. I hope you do what YOU need to do for you and those you love...like your kids. Really glad you're here. Keep posting.
Old 11-30-2014, 08:07 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

But the 2 months are like chalk erased from a chalk board?

OklaBH,
no, of course not . time is not erasable that way.
but if i were to return to drinking, i would need to look at the fact that my prior time without it was missing something...something had gone "wrong", so to speak, or i wouldn't have gone back there.
and if i didn't look at that and then if i didn't make a change or two or ten, chances of me returning to drinking yet once again would seem increased to me.
i often hear people say to others: well, you learned something" or "take what you learned and use it..."
and i often wonder what they are referring to?
what do we/you learn from relapse?
and if there's anything to learn, then afterwards how to incorporate the new knowledge into the way forward?
personally, if i thought something couldn't happen to me and then it does...wow! major turmoil, that. well worth spending time on figuring out what made me think i was immune from it.
Old 11-30-2014, 08:23 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
A work in progress

And here's the other thing, going back to day 1 isn't "punishment". It's just reality. Time since your last drink is time since your last drink. Having more doesn't make you bulletproof, having less doesn't make you weaker. Someone with more time isn't "better" than someone with less time sober. It isn't like being demoted or something.
Old 11-30-2014, 08:49 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Aw!
It happens to the best of us, it almost got me tonight. What stopped me was my 6 days haha! My sad little 6 days, but it means alot to me
I've been DYING to get past 9 days (my old record this last couple years).
Also, having to come on here and admit it, tell everyone in AA, possibly blackout and send terrible texts to my boyfriend at work, because I still kinda mad at him, not write my paper, be hungover, hate myself, drive early in the morning still kinda drunk, it seemed like an awful lot just to have some wine......
Dust off and start over, next time just try to think through everything, it worked for me anyway.
Xoxo
Old 12-03-2014, 04:52 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Alexander Supertramp :)

Ok so far so good. Changed my ride home, changed my routine when I get home. threw in some pushups ASAP when I get home as well. Strange how little things change your view and emotional state. Thanks everyone.
Old 12-03-2014, 04:52 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Alexander Supertramp :)

Ok so far so good. Changed my ride home, changed my routine when I get home. threw in some pushups ASAP when I get home as well. Strange how little things change your view and emotional state. Thanks everyone.