Notices

Having a rough time!

Old 11-30-2014, 02:35 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hang in there Buggirl!! Drinking will only make things spiral further, Sobriety gives us a chance to sort things out!!
Old 11-30-2014, 10:52 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi guys, I am still here and still sober! Thanks so much for the words and advice, as if yu hadn't of shared your experiences, I may have drank! Thanks again! You really are stars! Love to you all, from a much calmer and still sober friend xxx
Old 11-30-2014, 11:12 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Buggirl View Post
Isn't it strange, I appeared financially better off when I was drunk all the time! I am really going through crap at the moment ! I don't know what to do! I am going to bounce on a couple of bills this month and this is without going to the pub once! This sober life is great but why oh why does everything feel ten times worse? Is it because I am more aware?

Don't get me wrong, hospital car parks and living in the hospital for a week whilst my dad was in critical care could also have a lot to do with this! Just seems hardly worth being sober some days!

Has anyone else had similar issues ? How long did it take you to get sorted? By the way, I acknowledge it was all my fault and I have effectively blown £25,000 of loans on drinking over the last couple of years, so all my own fault, I just want to get straight.

Hope this will all be worth the struggle!
I could have written this myself!
Everything is going wrong this week, it's doing my head in. I was thinking it's because I'm sober and more aware, but when I think about it, I haven't had a week this bad in so long ( well I have because of alcohol related incidents)
But this week is all outside things, I'm starting to get anxiety and am wondering " what's next?" :/
Money problems too.
Also, I just spent 2 hours writing an essay, saved it, my computer just shut off for no reason and it's gone. Awesome.
You're not alone.
Drinking isn't going to help anything though, just remember that
Old 12-01-2014, 12:50 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
HMS

Buggirl, I was in a serious financial hole, on my last sober stint I had the foresight to go to a Debt Consolidator. Not sure what you might call them in the UK or where ever you may be, but they were able to help me out BIG TIME. I took in all my statements from debt collectors - credit cards - student loans - etc ... I told them how much I thought I could afford. Then they went to work for me. Their service cost about $30-50 a month.

The bills will go away. Eventually, but its a great feeling to have had my final Credit Card payment go out. Still a long ways to go with the rest of the bills but its a start.

You can do it
Old 12-01-2014, 04:04 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Hi, Buggirl,
Good to know you are staying sober. Just keep posting especially at your weakest moments. We are all 'listening' and really care. And, please post your achievements. We love to hear good things! BLESSINGS!