Notices

Insight

Old 11-30-2014, 03:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sober

Insight

Yesterday I had an insight. A lot of people start drinking to suppress bad stuff. In my case a trauma. But over time, drinking creates many more problems, which in themselves become reasons to drink! That's pretty messed up. The reason you drink is to hide from the problems caused by the drinking!

Now that I've quit, I have to face my trauma. It's still there, but this time I'm going for treatment instead of suppressing it. And I have some things that drinking caused that I need to face. But even after a couple of days, they get solved by themselves because of the absence of drinking.

Just an insight I wanted to share.
Old 11-30-2014, 03:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by twentyfive View Post
Yesterday I had an insight. A lot of people start drinking to suppress bad stuff. In my case a trauma. But over time, drinking creates many more problems, which in themselves become reasons to drink! That's pretty messed up. The reason you drink is to hide from the problems caused by the drinking!

Now that I've quit, I have to face my trauma. It's still there, but this time I'm going for treatment instead of suppressing it. And I have some things that drinking caused that I need to face. But even after a couple of days, they get solved by themselves because of the absence of drinking.

Just an insight I wanted to share.
It's true! I am going through financial rubbish at the moment and just got to face it!
Old 11-30-2014, 03:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

As I heard often on SR, first you take a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes you.

Old school, but It always resonated with me. At some point our freedom of choice dissipates, without realizing it's happening. Then one day we wake up, and start our recovery journey.
Old 11-30-2014, 02:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Well done 25 Exellent

hope treatment goes well

congrats