SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Keep feeling better (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/352136-keep-feeling-better.html)

twentyfive 11-30-2014 03:19 AM

Keep feeling better

Ok, so this is day 5 or so and I keep feeling better. Had a restless night but not too bad. Dreamed about being drunk. Funny enough, another person in my dream was drunk and I was sober, looking at it. Felt good.

That was a good part of the night. The rest was a bit restless and I had a bit of stomach pain again, but less than before. Today my stomach's a bit upset. Diarrhea. Well, it's all mild and I'll ask my doctor about it Wednesday, but I suspect he'll come to the same conclusion as I have. Just some mild withdrawal, come back if it persists.

Other than that, I had forgotten how bright the world can look! And how much you can do in a day if you're not drinking all the time. I've been walking a lot and have been eating healthy. That helps me to keep feeling better. Honestly, at this point I haven't had a craving at all. I'm enjoying being sober too much for that!

azza88 11-30-2014 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by twentyfive (Post 5047825)
Ok, so this is day 5 or so and I keep feeling better. Had a restless night but not too bad. Dreamed about being drunk. Funny enough, another person in my dream was drunk and I was sober, looking at it. Felt good.

That was a good part of the night. The rest was a bit restless and I had a bit of stomach pain again, but less than before. Today my stomach's a bit upset. Diarrhea. Well, it's all mild and I'll ask my doctor about it Wednesday, but I suspect he'll come to the same conclusion as I have. Just some mild withdrawal, come back if it persists.

Other than that, I had forgotten how bright the world can look! And how much you can do in a day if you're not drinking all the time. I've been walking a lot and have been eating healthy. That helps me to keep feeling better. Honestly, at this point I haven't had a craving at all. I'm enjoying being sober too much for that!

Good stuff!

Im Day 6 and I am getting there too the longest I have ever gone since I started!

Its a good feeling hey

twentyfive 11-30-2014 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by azza88 (Post 5047828)
Good stuff!

Im Day 6 and I am getting there too the longest I have ever gone since I started!

Its a good feeling hey

It sure is! Congrats on your 6 days!

azza88 11-30-2014 03:34 AM

I know about the upset stomach Im currently going through that… it will pass.

Thepatman 11-30-2014 03:52 AM

Well done on day 5!

Your body is flushing away toxins. Probably the reason for da da da Diarrhea! LOL!

Talking to your doctor is a great idea.

daybyday434 11-30-2014 04:17 AM

Congrats!

I am on day 7 now and also enjoying being sober for a change so far. I've been lucky to not have any serious withdrawals. My main issue has been extremely heavy eyes, like literally can barely keep them open no matter how much sleep I get. I'm hoping this will pass soon.

Glad you are feeling good:-)

least 11-30-2014 04:24 AM

Congrats on five days sober! :) And it will keep getting better, the longer you stay sober. :)

JanieJ 11-30-2014 10:45 AM

Congrats, twentyfive :grouphug:

Hang in there, the days are piling up. Before you know it , you' ll have gone a month, then two...

PurpleKnight 11-30-2014 01:34 PM

Fantastic!! Keep it going!! :scoregood