Notices

I messed up

Old 11-30-2014, 01:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I messed up

I made it 48 hours. I got anxious and frustrated and picked up a 375 ml vodka on the way home from the grocery store last night. I don't think I prepared myself for how strong the cravings would be. So here I am..again. I don't even know what to say. Its like I lack any will power at all. For the next 2 days I will have no opportunity to get any...I guess I just need to prepare myself more. I let myself down...when I felt so strong in the beginning.
Old 11-30-2014, 01:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Get some sleep and start again. Ask for help.
Old 11-30-2014, 01:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sorry you're having a hard time. I've been struggling today and have been on the forum pretty much non stop for the past 7 hours. It's helping. You joined Aug 2013, so I won't bother with all the other stuff... you and I both know what we need to do. Good vibes your way.
Old 11-30-2014, 02:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

geez Im sorry. pour it out, take hot bath, crawl back in bed. you can do this. put a reminder note in your car so you know to NEVER steer your car that way again
Old 11-30-2014, 02:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi, I'm glad you're back. Will power alone was never enough to stop me from drinking. Early on, i found that having a support system and coping mechanisms in place was essential in preventing me from picking up that first drink. I also found that avoiding any places or people that were potential triggers for my drinking helped me to get through those tough early days. Walking, exercise and reaching out to other people who understood what i was going through helped to ease my anxiety. Don't beat yourself up, you know what to do differently this time. You can do it!
Old 11-30-2014, 02:30 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Will power was never enough for me either. I needed support and lots of it - and a little acceptance that if I wanted change I needed to prepare for not feeling great for a little while.

It can be done not2late...think in the long term not the immediate

D
Old 11-30-2014, 02:32 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Life is an unlikely miracle.

Not3late, you need a better plan, my friend. White knuckling it is not going to work in the long term.

It's not about will power, it's about asking for help and getting support.

Do you have any f to f support such as AA ?

You need to find a way that works for you, what will do next time if you get agitiated ? How will you deal with the cravings ?

Stay close, I practically live here at the moment, it's mostly what's kept me going. xx
Old 11-30-2014, 01:19 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

For me every time I relied on my own willpower, I drank, reason being is my mind was addicted to alcohol and so I couldn't rely on it to stop drinking!!

Instead I needed a support structure to go to when I felt like drinking, something to short circuit my own thought processes and get a second opinion on things.

SR is a great place for that the next time you feel like drinking!!