Notices

Can you guys help me through this?

Old 11-29-2014, 01:57 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

read this
Crying Out Now: Thanksgiving Survival Guide

read some of your old posts too - there's a lot more at stake here than 'noone else would ever know' Briar

D
Old 11-29-2014, 06:45 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Way to walk away, Briar! Did the fresh air help? Just checking on ya...big hugs
Old 11-29-2014, 06:55 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
EndGame

Amazing how a single bottle among all kinds of people and holiday activity becomes the Rosetta Stone, The Ark Of The Covenant, The Fountain Of Youth, Aladdin's Lamp, Shangri-La and The Garden Of Eden. A more apt analogy is The Death Star.

You did good.
Old 11-29-2014, 07:29 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

^^^ What an awesome post EndGame!!

Another one for my wall...

V xx
Old 11-29-2014, 07:36 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Shoot, briar, pound the wine. What bad will come of it? You'll only have to comeon here and tell us that you failed again.
Old 11-29-2014, 07:39 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

this brings something up for me.....sometimes I am triggered when I realize I am in a situation where "no one would know". Like when my husband was in the shower I would sneak a drink......so now....since I was so conditioned to sneak.....such circumstances will trigger me.....until I realize I am the one who wants it out of my life! who cares if I can get away with it. It is the the past conditioning acting as a trigger.....because my brain still says "go for it....no one is looking." just a thought. stay strong!
Old 11-29-2014, 08:35 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
EndGame

"No one will know" is a false promise and a sword that cuts both ways. If I "get away with" that single drink, I very well might continue drinking until everyone knows. "Being bad"' may carry its own rewards, but guilt cries out for punishment, and my way of punishing myself is to drink for crimes not yet committed.
Old 11-29-2014, 10:05 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

SOBER!

I made it through. I am home and so thankful to be sober. It helped tremendously to bring you guys into that situation with me. I was in a place that seemed so far removed from recovery and everything I'm building at home. But it was very conflicting because I was "home" in my childhood home where all of the behaviors and relationships are so well established and feel safe even when they're not. I'm so used to drinking with my family, that's what I expect is going to make me comfortable because it's the pattern I know. It's hard to change and introduce something new into such a well established situation. But you guys are my lifeline. You kept me dialed into recovery when it would have been so incredibly easy to forget.

My sincerest thanks!
Old 11-29-2014, 10:07 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

(((HUGS))) So glad to hear you made it through what I'm sure was a very difficult time. You can do this, Briar! You just proved that you can!
Old 11-30-2014, 03:32 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hope you are ok?
Old 11-30-2014, 05:12 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Briar View Post
SOBER!

I made it through. I am home and so thankful to be sober. It helped tremendously to bring you guys into that situation with me. I was in a place that seemed so far removed from recovery and everything I'm building at home. But it was very conflicting because I was "home" in my childhood home where all of the behaviors and relationships are so well established and feel safe even when they're not. I'm so used to drinking with my family, that's what I expect is going to make me comfortable because it's the pattern I know. It's hard to change and introduce something new into such a well established situation. But you guys are my lifeline. You kept me dialed into recovery when it would have been so incredibly easy to forget.

My sincerest thanks!
AWE. SOME!!

You did it!

And it just gets better and easier!

Way to go, briar!