Notices

Dad & Me update..

Old 11-28-2014, 07:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Dad & Me update..

He is actually doing pretty well. Washed & dressed himself today. He even put his shoes on; couldn't tie them since he's left handed. But hey I haven't been able to tie mine in weeks anyway.

As for me; I've stuck to the taper. But still feeling shaky but I'm starting to think I might have a touch of the flu as well. Since my anxiety is naturally high, coming of booze is putting out there. My point is that's another reason I don't want to go to the hospital; "the boy who cried wolf" .. I've been to 2 different ones 5 times this year; cause that's how bad the pain& spasms are getting. They both have said you keep coming; we can't be expected to write scripts. Now 2 of the visits had alcohol involved.

The worse part is I'm home alone so if anything does happen I have no one here to watch me. Mom has been at the hospital over nights babysitting cause Dad is trying to escape & they have no one to sit with him.

But anyway fingers crossed.
Dennis

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Sober Recovery
Old 11-28-2014, 07:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I still think you should seek some kind of medical help, especially if you're in pain, in withdrawal and/or depressed...any one of those things is a valid reason enough, let alone all of them.

but I'm glad you're Dad is making good recovery

D
Old 11-28-2014, 08:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanx Dee; not sure I'm depressed. But the pain thing no hospital will help me Dee. They won't give me anything anymore. I just didn't realize I'd be here this long. I have some money coming in & a place chosen for my mental health as well as alcohol thing. I just need to wait it out.

The taper seems to be helping; I'm hoping Sunday will be my last day and by next weekend I'll see the head doc.

Dennis

Old 11-28-2014, 10:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Best wishes and thinking of you xoxo
Old 11-29-2014, 02:32 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Life is an unlikely miracle.

Hi Dennis, glad to hear your dad is doing better.

I hope you are going to be ok, and I'm a bit concerned that you are doing all this on your own at the moment. Please stay close and if you start to feel as if you can't cope, please get some help.

I don't think you're the boy who cried wolf, you have valid reasons for getting medical care, no matter how many times you've been to the hospital recently.

Just my thoughts, but it seems like you almost feel as if you don't want to bother them, but you are in pain and have anxiety and withdrawals -like Dee said, any one of those things is reason enough for them to help you.

All the best Dennis, keep us posted my friend.
Old 11-29-2014, 03:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JanieJ View Post

Just my thoughts, but it seems like you almost feel as if you don't want to bother them, but you are in pain and have anxiety and withdrawals -like Dee said, any one of those things is reason enough for them to help you.

All the best Dennis, keep us posted my friend.
Thanx. It is partly that; but that's how they make anybody withdrawing or in pain, feel. I'm in the heroin capital of US; baltihell ... If I went in there wearing nice clothes & my hair cut; I'm sure I'd be treated differently lol .. But I can barely get to the store let alone sit to get my hair cut ..

Dennis