Notices

End to a great day...

Old 11-27-2014, 10:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Work in progress...

End to a great day...

Today was awesome. It started off with my daughter and me making/eating an amazing Thanksgiving feast. We both ate too much. She took a nap on the couch while I watched football.

When she woke up, she went to a friends' house to share with them. I went to the Alcathon function at my AA group. Ended up staying for 2 hours. It was a truly humbling experience. So many people coming together.

Just when I think I have it all figured out, a day like today reminds me I do not.
Old 11-27-2014, 10:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Glad to hear the day was great. Keep it up
Old 11-27-2014, 11:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Great stuff TH

D
Old 11-27-2014, 11:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Hombre... I hope you don't mind me sharing in your joyful post. Here's my day:

Today 3 of my music students received awards for their efforts in music this year. They are so happy! Tonight, we are having our annual celebration concert, which includes music, dance etc. I will be working there in that high energy environment with all the kids. I have also been roped into playing violin for Eleanor Rigby and drums for 'Pirates of the Carribbean medley' (for orchestra).

I tried to have a nap this afternoon, but I'm as excited as a little girl! And at 12 days sober I'm feeling fit and ready to go.

Spread the joy

To all of those suffering, I'm sorry. You are all in my thoughts... but tonight you're going to be pushed back a bit as I embrace this interesting life I have when I don't waste it away.