SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   New Here Day 3. (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/351864-new-here-day-3-a.html)

azza88 11-27-2014 01:20 AM

New Here Day 3.

Hi guys,

New here, I am 3 days sober as of today from years of alcohol abuse, This is the first 3 days I have had off since I started getting into booze back in 2008. I finally decided to give this horrible crap up, as it's now destroying my whole life, I have lost my job, licence for 5 years of driving with 4 DUI's, almost lost my family, and feeling like death, my docs have prescribed me Campral and so far it has taken the edge off, I am taking one day at a time :)

JanieJ 11-27-2014 02:41 AM

Welcome, Azza :wavey:

Lean on us for support whenever you need to, my friend.

Good to have you with us.

Do you have a plan ?

azza88 11-27-2014 03:31 AM

My plan is too stay sober, eat well and train in the gym more to keep focused on being sober.

I already trained as a drunk... but always felt horrible, I was consuming as of a few weeks ago.. 3-4 bottles of wine per day or 12-15 cans of beer, horrible! And my body really has paid for it :(

I might enter a detox program as the docs suggested today at my appointment. Feeling a bit depressed today. Yesterday was ok. Tomorrow is a new day.

Thank u for the support.

:)

daisy1 11-27-2014 03:34 AM

Hello, best of luck to you. I'm on day two (again) but it feels more like day one because I still felt drunk yesterday. I've eaten well today so far and it really helps.

azza88 11-27-2014 03:36 AM

Originally Posted by daisy1 (Post 5042651)
Hello, best of luck to you. I'm on day two (again) but it feels more like day one because I still felt drunk yesterday. I've eaten well today so far and it really helps.

Yep i know that feeling!

that drunk feeling day after..

Eating well helps but its the nights that gets me down, as thats when i use to hit the booze very hard for years.

IOAA2 11-27-2014 04:08 AM

Hi and welcome.
Sometimes it takes months to realize what alcohol has done to us so the earlier we stop the better as this ism does not improve with time unless we stop consuming it.
Eventually after some difficulty stopping I successfully stopped with the aid of the fellowship of AA which is great I found out in your country.
At first when I was undisciplined I had a lot of resistance to what I heard but not suffering well I followed what others did and became teachable and after many years I’m still learning the joys of sobriety one day at a time in a row.

BE WELL

azza88 11-27-2014 04:22 AM

Originally Posted by IOAA2 (Post 5042689)
Hi and welcome.
Sometimes it takes months to realize what alcohol has done to us so the earlier we stop the better as this ism does not improve with time unless we stop consuming it.
Eventually after some difficulty stopping I successfully stopped with the aid of the fellowship of AA which is great I found out in your country.
At first when I was undisciplined I had a lot of resistance to what I heard but not suffering well I followed what others did and became teachable and after many years I’m still learning the joys of sobriety one day at a time in a row.

BE WELL

Thank you

:You_Rock_

sprout50 11-27-2014 04:28 AM

Welcome Azza! If the Dr. has recommended the detox center, why not give it a try? They help you with the tools you need to stay sober.

Fly N Buy 11-27-2014 04:45 AM

Glad you're here!!!

The world record for sobriety is 24 hours. All we can ask for is a daily reprieve, today!
It's such a gift we refer to it as the present!

Keep coming back!!

Soberwolf 11-27-2014 05:49 AM

Welcome nice to meet you Azza

PurpleKnight 11-27-2014 10:17 AM

Welcome to the Forum Azza!! :wave:

Dee74 11-27-2014 02:40 PM

Welcome Azza :)

I'd give the detox programme some thought - it's really hard for most people to get help like that in Queensland :)

D

least 11-27-2014 02:48 PM

Welcome to the family. :)

Hevyn 11-27-2014 03:06 PM

Great to have you with us Azza - we all understand what you're going through. Things will begin to look up and you'll be free. :)

Jsbodhi 11-27-2014 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by azza88 (Post 5042648)
My plan is too stay sober, eat well and train in the gym more to keep focused on being sober.

I already trained as a drunk... but always felt horrible, I was consuming as of a few weeks ago.. 3-4 bottles of wine per day or 12-15 cans of beer, horrible! And my body really has paid for it :(

I might enter a detox program as the docs suggested today at my appointment. Feeling a bit depressed today. Yesterday was ok. Tomorrow is a new day.

Thank u for the support.

:)

I'm on day 3 too! I was binge drinking about 1-2 bottles on wine every second day ( too hungover to do anything the next day)
Good for you making this decision, hopefully we can count our sobers days together as we go!
Xoxo

Jsbodhi 11-27-2014 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by daisy1 (Post 5042651)

The worst is driving to work the next day still feeling a bit drunk, hoping I don't get pulled over and blow over. Doing that a few times a week was nuts.

soberclover 11-27-2014 04:00 PM

Glad you found us! Stay strong and give sobriety a try....I have found that it is worth it :)