Notices

Y'all drink too much.....

Old 11-26-2014, 10:44 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thank you, all. Thie consensus is to keep my mouth shut and I will do that. My husband keeps his mouth shut but then he WANTS everyone to drink with him! He has always minimized my drinking and he does the same with our daughters. But, it was rather a relief to hear from so many of you that in this instance it's okay to not say anything. Not saying anything and showing by example is different from enabling. I needed to make that distinction.

By the way, we are having a wonderful time!
Old 11-26-2014, 11:02 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Do your best

Well done Inchworm
Old 11-26-2014, 12:08 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Makes me smile to hear that you all are having a great time. Awesome.
Old 11-26-2014, 12:14 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Yeah, that is a little tricky.

On one hand, the greatest impact may be you as an example to them in the upcoming years.

As your life improves, they will notice and may attribute much of your success to abstinence. During this time your words will come from a sacred place. As of now, you only have 100 days and it may seem a little off-putting to them. People I had known would have thought I was self-righteous and laughed me off.

Of course if you think there is an immediate cause of worry then that is one thing. The best strategy to this one may take time.

Best of luck and Congratulations too 100 days sober!!! I'm there with you at 116
Old 11-26-2014, 12:29 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Congrats on 100 days! We do not allow alcohol in our home so I can't really relate to that but as others have said, maybe wait until after the holidays and tell your family that you need support right now and you would prefer not to have them drinking around you or in your home. The good news is...if any of your children end up in trouble with alcohol and you are sober....they will have YOU to help them. :-) It will be ok. Just stay sober and try to take it minute by minute if you need to. The holidays are hard for everyone.

I just started a thread about having to go to my in laws for a DRUNK FEST tomorrow! Ugh! Hang in there!
Old 11-26-2014, 12:30 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Originally Posted by Inchworm View Post
Thank you, all. Thie consensus is to keep my mouth shut and I will do that. My husband keeps his mouth shut but then he WANTS everyone to drink with him! He has always minimized my drinking and he does the same with our daughters. But, it was rather a relief to hear from so many of you that in this instance it's okay to not say anything. Not saying anything and showing by example is different from enabling. I needed to make that distinction.

By the way, we are having a wonderful time!
Great point!!!
You have the title for another thread!!!
Go for it!