Notices

Sober Weekender Thread Holiday Edition - Nov 26 - 30!

Old 11-26-2014, 03:50 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Yes, apparently some people don't like bacon. I just don't know what's wrong with my son. His first word was "cheese" and now he won't eat it. A year ago I would make bacon and have to beat him back from eating it all. He used to eat just about anything. Now, not so much. Then there's my daughter. She wanted salad for breakfast.

I'm trying to get them out of the house and over to my mother's house. Safety in numbers. Mr. Ruby said he needed a meeting and with thoughts of his recent glitch I won't argue with that even if my sanity is sacrificed in the process.

LTV, mmm. Sloppy Joes. That sounds better than my uneaten tenderloin. Can't help on the recipe.

My fridge motor is making odd noises so my mom and I may attempt to go look at fridges tonight. My dad goes out with the guys for coffee on Wednesdays so mom is at loose ends.

I was going to put off the fridge buying but everything is on sale. And the motor thing. Well, the mfg. tag says it was made in 1989. I think it's had a good run. And I need to keep busy. The zaniness of the day and feeling off kilter had me thinking a glass of wine would make everything better. But since I know that to be a lie, and since I don't run to the alcohol when I'm feeling out of sorts, I'm doing my best to keep occupied. So probably why the inane Ruby posts today.
Old 11-26-2014, 04:08 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Sloppy Joes.

Meat, one of those packages of seasoning. . .

no?

*ets:
It's just tomato, brown sugar, onion, green pepper, garlic, right?

totally guessing...
Old 11-26-2014, 04:10 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

I am now stuffed. I used a bag of preseasoned stuffing mix made by Safeway. Remind me not to do that next year. Holy salt without the camel, batman.

Everything else was good. Someone just invited me to their house tomorrow for dinner.

Not going. Leftovers FTW.
Old 11-26-2014, 04:10 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Sloppy Joes.

Meat, one of those packages of seasoning. . .

no?
yes.
Old 11-26-2014, 04:11 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Oops.
Double post.

How about........Happy Thanksgiving!!!
Old 11-26-2014, 04:14 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

my son is home from college. we did ours this afternoon. he has to go back to school for his work. had a blast. i think tomorrow my youngest and I will goto the movies.
Old 11-26-2014, 04:46 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
Anyone else with an anniversary please speak up!
I stopped counting the exact number of days after a week or two. But this post got me thinking - How long has it been exactly???

The answer: Exactly 2 months today!!! October 27th was my day 1

I can't believe I ever drank the way I did. Nothing good ever came from it. Infact, nothing good happened to me at all over the last two years of my life - the direct result of alcohol.

Now with 2 months sober under my belt (in which I had to make 2 new holes after losing 15 lbs), yesterday the first good thing in a very long time happened to me.

This good thing was the result of not drinking and having the real me on show to the world.

I am not from the USA, but I am still very thankful.

My wife is from the USA, and she is extra thankful this year.

Happy thanksgiving.
Old 11-26-2014, 05:02 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Happy Thanksgiving everyone enjoy your feasts and family and friends....or just enjoy you and your sobriety !!
Old 11-26-2014, 05:03 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Congratulations, Changel!
Old 11-26-2014, 05:06 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

I'll get back to you on how to make sloppy joes (barbque)
but first

What's going on Patman? Everything okay?
Old 11-26-2014, 05:27 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

Awwwww was waiting for the bacon pics to begin!

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
That sounds nice Brain. Relaxing.

This is for Non. Happy birthday to you!

And now into the oven.
Old 11-26-2014, 05:28 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
Yes, apparently some people don't like bacon..
Old 11-26-2014, 05:33 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Speaking of bacon, I haven't seen Oldself around lately. You out there OS?
Old 11-26-2014, 07:28 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

I couldn't resist the bacon pic. We haven't had a bacon slanted thread in a while.

Took kids to parent's and then mom, kids and I went fridge looking. It scares me to death. What if I pick the wrong one? What if I get a lemon? What if it's all wrong? I spent less time worrying about buying my car which was thousands of dollars more than a fridge. I think it's because I've never bought a fridge before but I've bought cars. Didn't buy one. Returned home with frazzled nerves. Kids whining, fighting, yelling. I need a break from them but son won't go to bed without a fight and I really don't feel like fighting at the moment.
Old 11-26-2014, 07:33 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

On the way to fridge central we passed a bunch of emergency vehicles along the way. Police, fire, ambulances. Reminded me that on the way to pick up my mom the radio announcer said that today is the heaviest drinking day of the year. Kids home from college, eager to see friends, older kids home to see parents and wanting to get out for the night to see friends. I've done it a few times myself. Makes driving tonight a bit scary.
Old 11-26-2014, 07:43 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Brevity & Levity

OK, a sparse Post of <500 words.

1. Good Weather and Sun while driving. FN windy beyond belief.
2. Lunch in Mountain Ski Town.
3. Great Chow at 'Smashburger'. Packed.
4. Numerous Ski Pants on Folks in line who should be wearing them.
5. Didn't fall out of Truck Bed while unloading stuff here out West.
6. Solar House at 54 F Degrees w/o Heat on upon entry. Warmth good. Nighttime temps have been 10 F Degrees.
7. All Techno Toys plugged in and working. Satellite signals for TV captured quickly.
8. No Food Groups overlooked for tomorrow. No need to rush to Store.
9. Sober and relaxed after intense & Stop-Go Traffic.

Picture of Mt. Sopris just down the Road from Aspen by request from biminiblue. Couldn't work around Wire.

Bacon.

'Soulful Christmas' ~ James Brown

-----

-----
Old 11-26-2014, 07:58 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
pray for strength

Originally Posted by fromadistance View Post
LeTheVerte, when I see your avatar and SR name, I always wonder if your favorite color is green. The second thing I think of is kelp at Monterey Bay.
fromadistance - green is my very favorite color. And your second guess is quite close. On our weekender thread about avatar meaning I wrote about how I feel, what I was thinking with this avatar and why I changed from my original. Now that it is getting colder, the cold water forests are looking less and less appealing. But I do love a beautiful kelp forest. Those are spectacular.

Bimini - have you watched Maleficent yet? I thought that it had entertainment value for a kids movie.

The sloppy joes have been made, although I am not hungry. I'll eat it for breakfast. There was a pound of beef that was in need of being cooked up this evening. I thought just maybe someone had a secret, super-special ingredient to throw in. But I did the usual. The smell of sautéing and meat is a trigger for me, unfortunately. But all went well.

OK. Now I must continue to read what is going on in the weekender thread.

Old 11-26-2014, 08:47 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

guess I'm late with the sloppy joe secret... maybe next time.
After I dropped off the wife I decided to take a quick joy ride. Naturally I headed toward where the amblance was heading when I left. Took a turn up a back road into town and came upon the detour - I found where the amblance was heading. So instead of turning around I went up one of my old favorite roads to drive in the snow while drinking a beer. Yeah, I know... Road was snow covered, trees were hangin low, I had to dodge some low hanging branches and drive over fallen branches - thump thump. It was like driving through a snow tunnel - trees were closed in around the road - pretty cool.
The urge was powerful. Got over it quickly though after thinking how stupid it would be to go off the road in this nonsense. Especially when I have to pick her up in the morning. So, I re-lived that feeling. Cross it off my list of never agains. Had my bottle of water and ginger ale with me.
Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate it. Time to get my 7 hours of sleep.
Old 11-27-2014, 01:31 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Patman.... Thanks for joining us!

Ruby! Congrats on a year!

Changle congrats on 2 months!

Calling SoberJim!

Calling Oldself!

Calling ForgetfulKevin!

Calling SnowDawg!

Love love love sloppy joes! All time favorite food group.

MM... Please go back to the old format.

Great job LB on seeing the feeling and putting your AV back in its box. Remember to plug it's air holes!

Slept with the shades open all the way. Love the glow of the snow shining in. Seeing the white tree waving as I wake. The cats sitting right outside my door. My little one loves to stick his paws under the door and I love to tickle them. He will grumble and try to bat at my fingers. Love that playfulness. Makes me start with a smile.

Well we had the predicted ten inches. Up early to dust off and head over to the 24 hour gym. They close today at noon and open early tomorrow so I can keep my workout scheduled. These last 5 lbs are a bear to get rid of. Today's festivies certainly won't be helping.

All is quiet and good in the weasel's den.

And yes BM... See Maleficent! Angelina did a wonderful job and I enjoyed the movie a lot!
Old 11-27-2014, 01:46 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Good Morning...busy day here.
Ruby i have LG french door with all bells/ whistles. Counter depth built in. It cost more than my first car! And i got it wholesale.
If i did it again i would buy whirlpool, my brother has zero problems with his.
I make sloppy joes with manwich sauce and ground turkey.
People who dislike bacon are aliens.