Notices

Sober Weekender Thread Holiday Edition - Nov 26 - 30!

Old 11-26-2014, 09:29 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Ruby, I'm chuckling at your 9-y-o son!
Old 11-26-2014, 09:42 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Thanks Gilmer. He is a creative little bugger. Front picture window too.
Old 11-26-2014, 09:42 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

In and Happy Thanksgiving everybody!

Man, thought I would at least have a chance at shotgun today. Even further back than normal. lol

Whether you are spending the day with family, friends or enjoying it by yourself... hope everyone has a happy and sober holiday!
Old 11-26-2014, 09:43 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Next it will be a giant SOS in the front window. Wouldn't put it past him.
Old 11-26-2014, 09:47 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Gotta love em
Old 11-26-2014, 09:51 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

LOL barefoot! I used to watch them when they were on after school! And NO not the first time they were on!

yes camel and sea salt go well together! Doh!

We started a bit early as it seemed needed. I know I was glad to get it going.
Old 11-26-2014, 09:54 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

I'm doing my best to study today because I've skipped two days, the week ends Friday, and tomorrow will be shot. But SR keeps calling me back like the sirens to Ulysses!
Old 11-26-2014, 10:04 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Those dang sirens! I know. I am trying to start weeding through boxes of stuff in the basement and ended up here again.

When the guys were in the process of disassembling kitchen and moving the radiator, my great grandmother's kitchen table went into the basement. Some idiot took the legs off one side for unknown reasons, leaving the other two legs intact. I'm putting it back together but the four long screws are missing. Mr. Ruby may know where they are but he is equally distracted, on the phone and shouted at me when I asked him to come into basement. I'm annoyed that they took the legs off one side. Why? And then not put the screws in one spot.
Old 11-26-2014, 10:12 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

never tried camel myself... weasel, I do know what you mean about the snow and wanting to drink...
well, the wife had to go and drop off paper to prof. because place is closing. So on the way back I suggested we go see what all the controversy was about over the 'ugliest' Christmas tree in America. Apparently it is all over the news in the nation. We drove past it and she said, "It's not that bad." It is getting a lot of Charlie Brown references. What cracks me up about this news clip is the people who are calling the tree ugly. Welcome to Reading, PA. Don't walk around at night and lock your doors and roll up your windows.

Anyway, I was going to say the snow brings out all the idiots on the road. But in truth, it just exposes them...
If you type ugliest tree in america into your browser you will find stories about this tree. Love the pretzel tree topper tho...
Ugly Christmas Tree Ruins Pennsylvania Town's Holiday Spirit
Old 11-26-2014, 10:17 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

I think it's kind of cute! The pretzel is great.
Old 11-26-2014, 10:28 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

That's sad that people have negative things to say about a Christmas tree.

Jeebus. What next?

I am once again happy to not have TV news.

Old 11-26-2014, 10:31 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
That's sad that people have negative things to say about a Christmas tree.

Jeebus. What next?

I am once again happy to not have TV news.

too true
Old 11-26-2014, 10:43 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

I would like a seat on the bus, please. Have a lot going on the next four days some of which will likely stress me out. Family... S and BIL staying at my house 3 days, 2 separate turkey dinners, Thursday and Saturday, grown children, spouses and grandson coming and going. I buzz myself up thinking about it. So I'll be checking in here when I can for the reminders to do what I say I want to do and be the person I want to be. Plus you keep me entertained.

There's no such thing as an ugly Christmas tree!
Old 11-26-2014, 10:48 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

I think they were trying to compare themselves to the perfect tree in Rockefeller Center, but it is a bit droopy in the arms.

I am super busy because I am making dinner this year (only 8 people), but I just finished de-hairing the sofa and am now getting the sweet potatoes washed. Recipe for Honey Roasted Sweet Potatoes is in the Café section called "Whining Dining" if anyone wants to see. I am making Martha Stewart's turkey this year with sausage stuffing in the bird, roasted asparagus, a spiral ham, hot crescent rolls, all the fixings, home made gravy. My dear brother and sil are bringing the white mashed potatoes, apple and pumpkin pie, I bought pecan pie....some Gelato topping..(the sea salt Camel Talenti is SOO GOOD, snork).
My nephew and his baby mama are bringing antipasto, I am serving cheeses and bread/fruit for appetizers...I bought 4 lbs. of butter just to be sure we have enough.

Icy-wet heavy snow here but not much, it is gonna freeze solid.

have a great day, if anyone is bored they can come and help me CLEAN and set the table!

I gotta get up early and prep the turkey...18 lbs....and a 9 lb ham which I will warm in the crockpot.
Old 11-26-2014, 10:57 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

I'm studying, not cleaning or cooking yet...
Old 11-26-2014, 10:58 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Double.
Old 11-26-2014, 11:17 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
I'm Wide Awake

I'm in. No big plans for the holiday. Honestly, I don't even know what we're eating tomorrow yet. I work until 3 p.m. and then will head home to figure out something. Maybe a chicken pot pie with a mashed potato topping. Festive but not too much work. I make my grandmother's cranberry sauce (cranberries, apples, oranges blended with black cherry jello and a little sugar) - it's sort of like a cranberry applesauce and my kids love it. We'll need pumpkin pie too. It will be nice to have a few days off work.

Brain, I'm glad we're not traveling up your way with the weather today. I can only imagine what I-95 looks like around DC.

Looking forward to being here with all of you.
Old 11-26-2014, 11:18 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
I'm Wide Awake

It did post after all.
Old 11-26-2014, 11:29 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Things to remember for thanksgiving …

1) it's not about getting drunk …

2) It's not about arguing with people .

3) It's not a pity party to sit and wallow in .

4) it's a great day to sort out the closet .

5) it's a great day to stay in bed and watch old movies .

6) It's a great day to sit down and think now that you got sober freedom what are you going to make of it ? The ebb and flow of life will lift your wings and support you if you are honest and true …
The squirrels are planting some acorns here in the north ( they miss a few on purpose i recon a bit like johnny apple seed ) so what acorns are you going to plant and tend in your life ? Which paths will you leave untended and untrod ?

I hope you are all safe ,warm and sober … I've got work but i will be thinking of you all . Take it easy remember just getting through is enough , once you build some sober muscles we can put some bells and whistles on it … just get through , take care of yourselves ,

m
Old 11-26-2014, 11:30 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

LOL, this is great!