Notices

Dad update....

Old 11-26-2014, 02:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Dad update....

He is aware & alert; just has problems finding the words to communicate. But he enters rehabilitation tomorrow. In fact; I might as well. I've been on a 6 day bender. Feeling sorry for myself.

I've been in sever pain & my brothers help, but I'm here, so I have the duty for my parents @ this point. Mom is not well either. She suffers from anxiety as well. Thank Buddha; not as bad as me. I've become a hermit; if not a recluse.

I can barely get out of bed b\c of the pain & anxiety; but I have no plans to go out like this !!!!!! Last Monday; I think I was ready, but I can't do that to Mom.

As hard as it is, I have to taper. I've had 3 different hospitals tell me they will not help me.

Dennis

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Sober Recovery
Old 11-26-2014, 02:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I dunno Dennis - I write things and then erase them, cos I know you don't want advice.

I think you could be doing a heck of a lot better than you are, even with all you have on your plate...

I just hope you find whatever it is you need to turn your life and your head around.

D
Old 11-26-2014, 02:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Don't censor yourself for me Dee. I'm just stuck in a loop. As I said though; I have the cash to spring for rehabilitation & before Dad gets cut loose; I'm doing it.

The anxiety is something that is rather new to me & very paralyzing. I've been drunk\high\tripping since I was 13, so never had to face the anxiety. This passed year has made me really see how bad I actually am.

It's sad, pathetic really. But it took Dad 50+ years to quit; & I've kept that in the back of my mind as a "failsafe".

I do have more support then I even thought.

Dennis

Old 11-26-2014, 03:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

You are correct Dennis... You have support right here. I like the direction you want to go in. I have been to 3 rehabs. Its no silver bullet but worked for me when I made it work.

Hope your parents get better soon.

Ken
Old 11-26-2014, 04:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi AW you can stop drinking today and be there youl have us supporting you

your not sad or pathetic and this will stop in sobriety

you say you have to taper when the truth is you dont have to no one has too your choosing to brother and it isnt working ive spoke with you sober

AW dont let this illness beat you look around you got a lot of ppl saying wel help you

i really hope mom n pops are ok and with you sober theyl have great help in you

as always you can pm me anytime but yeah time to stop tapering that to me is an excuse to drink it doesnt work and it sure aint working here

i say this as a friend
Old 11-26-2014, 04:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi AW
Even if you don’t want it I give you and your Mom and Pa a non religious prayer for strength and recovery.
May we have some gratefulness on T-Day.

BE WELL
Old 11-26-2014, 08:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
Hi AW you can stop drinking today and be there youl have us supporting you

your not sad or pathetic and this will stop in sobriety

you say you have to taper when the truth is you dont have to no one has too your choosing to brother and it isnt working ive spoke with you sober
I say taper b\c I'm paranoid of the out come if I don't. But there is validity in your statement bro. Tomorrow I really have no choice but to quit anyway. Cause of the holiday stores are closed; if I buy it ahead of time I'll drink it if it's here.

Dennis

Old 11-26-2014, 09:26 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Do your best

Originally Posted by AugustWest11 View Post
I say taper b\c I'm paranoid of the out come if I don't. But there is validity in your statement bro. Tomorrow I really have no choice but to quit anyway. Cause of the holiday stores are closed; if I buy it ahead of time I'll drink it if it's here.

Dennis

I understand that but if you speak with a doc and tell them rather than tapering your stopping drinking and your worried about it they will help

you got us AW .....one of the hardest things for me was believing i could actually do it and believing that other ppl cared enough to help

i can honestly say i am there for you brother

please dont drink wake up tomorrow make it a day 1 post it be accountable for it

write down all the reasons you shouldnt drink on a piece on paper

and on another write being sober helps me mum and dad thats 3 things you get from giving up 1 thing and believe me the list just grows & grows

here for you anytime