Notices

AV Gobble

Old 11-25-2014, 06:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

AV Gobble

Dee just posted something about calling the AV out. I thought it would help for everyone to post what the AV is saying to them as we go through the holiday. We can perhaps expose the lies and nonsense, in other words the AV Gobble!

Mine just asked me how I expect to get through a weekend with all my in laws, walking through pointless gift shops, nonsense TV, waiting nine hours every day for people to get ready for dinner, etc. completely sober??!!

Guess what, I am!! Gobble that AV!
Old 11-25-2014, 06:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great suggestion. The last time I saw my brother we argued and I asked him to leave my house. Him and his family will be at the family function this holiday and I'm nervous about seeing him. It makes me sad and angry and my AV goes, "You know, the only way to deal with him is if you have some wine to turn to..."

Not gonna do it!!
Old 11-25-2014, 06:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Great idea determined

D
Old 11-25-2014, 06:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Boredom... I'm off the next 5 days. I already had the "wth will I do" thought. I dismissed it. I have plenty going on. I'm enjoying my peace of mind too much to mess it up.

Great thread!
Old 11-25-2014, 06:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Mine always says, 'Oh come on Hev - you can have a couple - you'd never allow it get out of control again, after all the trouble it caused.' What?!
Old 11-25-2014, 06:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

triple post
Old 11-25-2014, 06:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Old 11-25-2014, 06:41 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

"you have worked really hard this year and you now have a loving close family. Well done. You have nothing to be afraid of. Kick back, enjoy yourself and relax with a few drinks. You only live once and you have banked lots of brownie points so even if you get drunk, even really drunk, nobody will mind. They will figure its just Xmas/Thanksgiving and ignore it. Sure, everyone gets drunk anyway at this time of the year and you are missing most of the parties this year so don't be stupid, push the boat out one or two days at home and get hammered in the safety of your own home. Most people won't even know you did it. Ok, ok, don't buy two crates of beer...how about a bottle of champagne to start, some nice white wine and then a bottle of decent red during dinner. That would be beautiful and give you a nice buzz but not get you totally drunk. Then in the morning you could go for a nice fresh walk and get back to the program. Its year end and a day or two off the wagon doesn't make you a drunk. If you agree to do it for just two days and then give up again, what difference does it make? The only difference is that you will have not enjoyed your Xmas as much and whats the point in that? Look, you have proven that you can be sober now for an extended time. even if you are sober for a month and then drink for one or two days surely this is much better that what most people do? you will be healthy and even feel better knowing that you are fully in control. Great....so a couple of drinking days it is then and then back to being dry. Happy we agreed on that. Awesome"

This is what I hear. Persuasive eh? And also TOTAL CR*P. If I drink at Xmas I will wake up one day with a serious health problem and a total out of control alcohol abuse problem, just like before. AV can go to hell instead of me.
Old 11-25-2014, 06:50 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Mine tells me that it would be OK to just have some sample glasses of some craft beers, it is that season when all the local brewpubs have their winter ales and holiday beers out.

Then I remember that soon I would be buying 12 pack of cheap beer for the rest of the night and right back where I started.
Old 11-25-2014, 06:53 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

My AV is usually an image of a wine bottle, glass of wine, the taste, smell... and it has been happening lately after stressful work, after dentist or ortho appts, and any other stressful situation.
Old 11-25-2014, 06:56 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberJennie View Post
My AV is usually an image of a wine bottle, glass of wine, the taste, smell... and it has been happening lately after stressful work, after dentist or ortho appts, and any other stressful situation.
Am with you....that is my "go to" craving.....the swirl of red wine in a glass and that moment of first smell and taste. Then I remind myself that I can't even taste it when I am on my third bottle. I also remind myself what it is like to wake up with a tongue so badly stained that it takes three days to get rid of.
Old 11-26-2014, 02:27 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Life is an unlikely miracle.

Pretty much what Ubnt said !