Notices

*tapering*

Old 11-26-2014, 02:33 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hi Nathan, I don't know if you remember but we talked on Sunday when you posted from work. I wanted to say that, here it is just Wednesday night, and you've already made progress! I know nothing about tapering (which I know your dr recommended) but I do know someone who's making a huge effort.

A lot of us have anger in the early stages, maybe that's tied up with the tapering? Maybe it's withdrawal? I dunno. But whatever it is, many of us who have recovered have been through this. You will feel better in time.

ETA I probably sound like your mum but try to eat well, it will help and do try to drink plenty of water.
Old 11-26-2014, 03:14 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
I did find that stopping drinking was really easier than tapering. I understand your situation and that you are waiting on the drs opinion. As Dee said, I hope you can hang in there until then.
I'm in the same boat, tapering would be damn near impossibe , I much prefer abstinence , I was drinking about a fifth a night , in order to get to sleep
Old 11-26-2014, 03:47 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Low

Geez, if I could taper successfully I wouldn't be a alcoholic....tapering is just another word for moderation, which is next to impossible for alcoholics, or as your experiencing, just pure hell. There are so many other alternatives for safe medical withdrawal....I feel for you!