15 Day Sober Log

Old 11-26-2014, 04:57 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hang on slickrick it wont always be like this itl get a LOT better

Congrats on day 3
Old 11-27-2014, 06:59 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Stringing days together after the first couple is the hardest. Great start, really focus now and keep your momentum going. You got this.
Old 11-27-2014, 02:15 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

Day three is great Rick

D
Old 01-06-2015, 12:40 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Update-Girlfriend and I stayed together. She said she loved me and needed time to get her life back together over Xmas break before we could be together. Her brother died and she just needed a little time. Promised me after break we could be together because it wasn't fair to me that she couldn't be there for me right now.
We agreed to not talk over break so she could get her life together. The last text I got from her said I love you. I knew she was having a hard time so I drank heavily over the first 15 days of break. I drank every night. It got bad.
Anyway, finally sobered up and haven't drank since New Years. Still haven't heard from gf but was excited about going back to school and seeing her again! Well, for whatever the reason we weren't facebook friends. I was going to add her but then her brother died and it just didn't seem like the right time.
I finally checked her facebook, shes been in a facebook offical relationship with another guy since November. Shes posted party pics with him. She wasn't getting her life back together, she was screwing another guy. While I sat here thinking about worry about her. Its someone from her hometown. So all this time I've cared about her and she was seeing someone else. Looking back the signs were everywhere that she was cheating, but her brother dying clouded things and I couldn't see it then. Now, I do. Everything she said was a lie. I remember holding her while she cried and helping her study 3 hours every night that last week so she could get through school. All that and she was with another person. All I had to do was look at her facebook and I would've known. All the way back before her brother died. So I was used. I found out yesterday. Normally I would've drank. A lot. But, I didn't. I went into my car and screamed and lost my voice. Then I smoked some cigars. But, no drinking. I even got her Xmas gifts. I wrote her a final note so I can get closure, and am going to deliver it next week. Trust me, its not a nice note. She deserves only the worst. This is the third relationship where I've been cheated on.
Anyway, thats where I am. Ultimately, theres one person thats never lied to me and has always been there, and thats me.
I hope everyone has been doing well here and everyone has my regards,

Rick.

Edit: I'm considering continuing this log as I am 6 days sober.
Old 01-06-2015, 02:03 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

6 days is great - and I think leaving that relationship behind is great too

D
Old 01-06-2015, 04:27 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
6 days is great - and I think leaving that relationship behind is great too

D
I've grown a lot since I first joined this site back in 2012, drinking or not. I've really changed for the positive and become a better person. At this time, I definitely feel like I'll be able to deal with everything better sober with everything that has gone on the past few months.
Old 01-06-2015, 04:36 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Awesome!! Keep it up!! This site truly helps me!!
Old 01-06-2015, 04:58 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Slickrick i wouldnt waste any time with a note i would leave the relationship behind and move forward

Good job on staying sober
Old 01-06-2015, 05:33 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
Hi Slickrick i wouldnt waste any time with a note i would leave the relationship behind and move forward

Good job on staying sober
I've been going back and forth on it. I almost feel like I need the note to get closure. Even though I know she doesn't care. I feel like it will make me feel better and let me finally let go. I have until Sunday to truly decide. I just want to put this behind me and be okay again. Thanks for posting in my thread, as you also posted earlier when I first made it.