Notices

I stumbled again. Day 1 begins

Old 11-23-2014, 04:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I stumbled again. Day 1 begins

I binge drank last night after 3 days without alcohol. Why why why??? I don't drink every day...I binge drink basically every 3rd or 4th day. Why? I hate how I feel when I wake up after a binge. I tried doing activities to keep my brain occupied but by the end of the night when I sit down and relax, I just get cocky and binge without worrying about the next morning I'm grateful that I don't need to drink every day but even 2-3 times a week is too rough on my mind and body
Old 11-23-2014, 04:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

What can you add to your recovery to strengthen it? Nothing changes if nothing changes. Do something different this time.
Old 11-23-2014, 04:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I hear ya. It always seems like a good idea when you start drinking. I felt really sick the next morning--hugging the toilet sick--10 days ago. Not feeling so cocky now
Old 11-23-2014, 04:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi! Read around on here . Tons of experiences and advice. You deserve better! Good luck!
Old 11-23-2014, 04:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think you need to shake things up and step out of the vicious cycle that you're in. What can you do after a few days of not drinking to prevent yourself from picking up again?
Old 11-23-2014, 05:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You can do it - its just getting back up and trying again.
Old 11-23-2014, 05:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

If you truly want to get off the merry-go-round it's gonna take changing things up. Doing what you've always done will get you what you've always got. Posting here is a step in the right direction. What else?
Old 11-23-2014, 08:09 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I think I'd get it out of my head that I'm a binge drinker. You have created a pattern for yourself that you only drink every third or fourth day. That wouldn't be what I call a binge drinker. Thats what I would call an alcoholic on a three day cycle instead of daily use. That's when your body and brain are just starting to recover from your last drinking session and the monster is hungry and wants to be fed. So you do feed it. I'd be concerned that your cycle times will get smaller and smaller until you ARE a daily drinker. Ultimately it doesn't really matter how you classify yourself. Drinking is causing you pain.

Cut it off at the pass. Read around here to figure out ways to change that pattern and break the cycle. Find out what works for you. It can be done. It may not be easy. Probably won't be easy but it certainly worth not feeling the misery.
Old 11-23-2014, 08:34 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I drank the same way...every 3-4 days...binge. I have 2 friends that drank that way too. The gap started closing and they eventually became daily drinkers. They are both dead now and were very young, beautiful, vibrant women before alcohol stole it from them. Basically their body just shut down. They fell asleep (passed out) one night and never woke up. Sad. Don't let that gap close. Don't cross that point of no return. I'm right here with you! We can do this! PM me anytime!
Old 11-24-2014, 12:48 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Life is an unlikely miracle.

Welcome, Scared1234.

Don't let booze ruin your life.

There is lots of info and people's stories here to help you, and we will support you all the way, 24/7.

Glad you found us.