Notices

I'm taking a beating today for being honest on the fourums

Old 11-23-2014, 01:05 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Tell me Jeremy, what advise would you give someone else in your situation? If someone came up to you and told you they were an alcoholic and could not stay sober more than 2 or three days, but were afraid of going into inpatient, what would you say?

Also, I really do appreciate your honesty. I'm sure others do also. But based on your OP, you are not sure if you want to stop. You do and you don't. I think that is really were the problem is for you. You've already gone through a lot, but maybe it is just not enough to convince you to want to stop. I'm not trying to be sarcastic, I really mean this. Ask yourself this; what else do you need to go through or lose before you get the help you need? What's your bottom line? John
Old 11-23-2014, 01:13 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Care, why post if I don't care? Answer that question, lots of people have cared, lots of people have cared and suffered and died.... Do you think they didn't care, back up one second and analyze what you're saying. Think about it! If I didn't care why post, I can talk to myself all I want and I do oftentimes. Such a shortsighted, monosyllabic, ignoramus thing to say, yeah I said it, its not personal but as much as you want me to think and get help, I think you need to consider what you are saying. Jeremy out!
Old 11-23-2014, 01:19 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Work in progress...

This will be my only post. I hope it helps you, Jeremy.

My sister has been diagnosed Bi-polar II, moderate schizophrenia, and an anxiety disorder.

3 years ago, she was doing exactly what you are doing today. Back and forth, on and on. One day, she disappeared. We didn't know where she was or if she was ok for 2 months. My parents had local law enforcement and the FBI looking for her. Nada. Then one night, she just walks through my parents' front door as if nothing had happened. She spent the next 9 months institutionalized.

Repeat this story 2 more times.

Today, she is working on her PhD, married and happy. Why? Because she got serious about her issues and has remained so. She checked herself into an inpatient rehab and started following what her doctors told her.

Her life can still get messy but no where like it used to be.

Bro, quit dancing and get help.
Old 11-23-2014, 01:20 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Despite the tough love approach many have been utilizing in responding to your posts, people aren't necessarily "beating you down" to make you feel bad or tell you you're wrong. They're telling you what they feel you really need to hear out of concern and, yes, frustration.

We all want you to succeed in this.

We ALL want you to get the help you need. The help you sincerely deserve.

All of us have struggled. Some of us, like you, are still in the thick of it. I'm in the same boat. My struggle is different from yours, is different from everyone else's on this forum but at the same time it's very much the same.

All of us have been hurt, here. Through the actions of others and by what we've done and continue to do to ourselves. It hurts, too, to see our sober recovery family going through such he11. No one here wants you to continue to hurt.

Please take care of yourself. I really hope you can get into inpatient. We're all STILL rooting for you.
Old 11-23-2014, 01:24 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by Thatdeliveryguy View Post
Care, why post if I don't care? Answer that question, lots of people have cared, lots of people have cared and suffered and died.... Do you think they didn't care, back up one second and analyze what you're saying. Think about it! If I didn't care why post, I can talk to myself all I want and I do oftentimes. Such a shortsighted, monosyllabic, ignoramus thing to say, yeah I said it, its not personal but as much as you want me to think and get help, I think you need to consider what you are saying. Jeremy out!
You obviously care, Jeremy, about what is happening. Your caring about being successful with sobriety and treatment for your schizophrenia though isn't really there as yet, do you understand? You'll have to experience first hand sobriety and mental health to much care about it. You can hope for it, and take your hope and get some real help, nothing stopping you except your fears...
Old 11-23-2014, 01:28 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

It seems like you are only taking the bad or negative things from anything anyone has said in response to your original post. If you aren't going to seek help, then there isn't much anyone else can say that is going to be beneficial to your recovery. Good luck.
Old 11-23-2014, 01:45 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Here's something new, how about this. GET HELP BEFORE YOU HARM OR KILL SOMEONE/THING ELSE WITH YOUR MANIA AND DRINKING. You don't have anything to lose.
Old 11-23-2014, 01:51 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Jeremy, I sent you a pm earlier. Me and everyone else here have been trying to help you. Here is the bottom line-people reach out to you and you ignore what they say and start a new post instead of continuing conversations you already started. You get angry, you ramble and you fight the one thing that will actually help you-inpatient rehab.

We CARE! But we know where you are headed-jail, hospital, cemetary......Please Jeremy, tell me what it will take to get you to rehab.
Old 11-23-2014, 01:59 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thatdeliveryguy View Post
Such a shortsighted, monosyllabic, ignoramus thing to say
There you go again Jeremy... someone said something you don't agree with and you go on the attack.

RULES OF FORUM -

No posts that attack, insult, "flame", defame, or abuse members or non-members. Respect other members of the community and don’t belittle, make fun of, or insult another member or non-member.
Old 11-23-2014, 02:02 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'll echo what Anna said on the other thread - please use the ignore function if this thread upsets you....report any posts that you feel break the rules.

D
Old 11-23-2014, 02:04 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Dee you know, upsets me is one thing, break the rules never will I report anyone like that ever. We all have opinions most are addicts and TOS violation or not, don't care still want to listen to the person
Old 11-23-2014, 02:10 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Administrator

My post was to you as much as anyone else Jeremy.
I would have pulled the ignoramus post had it not been quoted a number of times subsequently.

Everybody needs to take a step back and relax or this thread will close. I don't think anyone wants that.

Please...keep your comments constructive folks - and Jeremy - people are trying to help - even those who are frustrated and scared for you.

Dee
SR
Old 11-23-2014, 02:13 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

when i finally got the help i needed, it was NOT something i wanted to do. i also didnt think i really needed it. i also thought it wouldnt help anyway. i also thought there was just no way they could give me any new information. after all, who knows me? I DO!! -so with a "what the hell?" attitude i dialed the number. a little while later, i found out i was wrong about all the above. my pride didnt even sting, i was so relieved.
Old 11-23-2014, 02:14 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I understand the fear. I was scared but I went anyway. I didn't want to go. I'didn't know why. Now 13 months later, I think I was scared because I knew I didn't know how to live a sober life. It all seemed like so much work for such a "small" problem that I COULD handle on my own. Living a sober life is way way way different than how you live. You get the hang pretty quick. Imagine remembering what you watched on TV last night, remembering who you called and what they said, yes you can go get milk at 9pm, sleeping soundly with no outside help, waking up refreshed, things get done. Rehab gives you tools to live by. So glad I went.

I am far from the perfect revovering addict. I have been struggling since my Sister Debbie passed away. Anyway, fear of the unknown....well now ya' know.

Pam
Old 11-23-2014, 02:17 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Jeremy - People are listening to you and we do care. Many people here have been through similar situations and are giving you suggestions of what worked for them. That's what this site is all about.

I have a good friend here, who came up with every excuse in the world as to why he just could not quit smoking crack. There were times many of us, myself included, wanted to shake some sense into his head.

That same friend is now clean for good time and huge source of inspiration.

I know when I wasn't ready to quit, my defenses went up big time, and I lashed out at people who wanted to help me.

We aren't the enemies, we simply want to help. We can only do so much, though. The ball is in your court and we're human. It's hard to see you really want recovery one day, drinking the next.

Why is it hard? Because we've been there and done that. We know there is life beyond addiction and we want you to see it too.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-23-2014, 02:38 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

There is a line from the AA big book...

...that said "we were all looking for a easier, "softer" way to our sobriety". It also goes on the summerize it doesnt exist.

The only true way to long term sobriety is...Patience, persistance and persaverance...to not pickup the first one ever again. Yes, you are scared.

You're scared to commit 100% to your sobriety.

A fear of comittment will stop even the greatest, strongest, most determined person dead in their tracks.

This I know, because I speak of myself.

If you have opportunity to inpatient rehab, I beg you to take it ! March in there with your head up high and let them know you're there for their help and your willing to commit your all to the effort.

Your new and improved life starts today !

Dave
Old 11-23-2014, 02:44 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Hey TDG,

I hope you're doing ok. Just one thing: medication. I had a serious bender a couple of weeks ago and one thing it really drove home to me was how alcohol just stops psychiatric drugs from working. It's that simple really.

Please, give yourself a break and do what you need to do to stop drinking now.
Old 11-23-2014, 02:45 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

My practical suggestion is still what I said on the other thread. When you go to the treatment session tomorrow, Jeremy (if that is true, I like to assume it is), tell them that you drank on the weekend and felt horrible, and want to go to inpatient immediately. Don't worry if drunk or sober, go and tell them, they have seen it a million times.
Then just let them take care of you.
Old 11-23-2014, 02:47 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Trudgin

A vision for you.....

A letter from TDG one year from now.....

SR Family, as I approach a second holiday season sober and drug free I wanted to update everyone. It is truly incredible how my life has turned around after leaving rehab but a year ago!

I have learned skills to carry in my tool kit daily that get me through everyday life. I vaguely recall the first 30 days were not nearly as tough as I had them to be in my head!! Not sure why I ever waited so long to get sober! While life isn't always easy, I take it as it comes and deal with it in a sober manner/drug free manner.

I am with my loving child and wife, have a new job and made several sober friends who live nearby. I am so grateful to have taken that first step - it seems so long ago!! Remind me why I was scared?? Oh yea, the crazy nonsense about fear.......well it's gone!! Didn't take long once my head cleared a little.

For all newcomers, it is POSSIBLE!! Take it from me.....please don't wait...it so worth it
Best Regards
Sober Jeremy

Can't wait for you to be THISDELIVEYGUY!!!
Warm Regards,
FlyN
Old 11-23-2014, 02:59 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

I am praying for you DeliveryGuy. I am NOT judging you or anything you have said. We are all sick or have been sick. No one should be throwing stones. I want you to live and so does everyone else on here. I want YOU to WANT to live. I will just keep praying. I know you wish you could just flip a switch and make this all go away....so do I! But there is no such switch. Maybe treatment can be the first day of the rest of a wonderful life for you?

God gives his toughest battles to his strongest soldiers....

Prayers prayers prayers......(((hug)))