Notices

I drink I drank I drunk

Old 11-23-2014, 03:41 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

When you reach the point where every effort has failed and you feel your entire life is in vain, at that point what's to lose? Why not try inpatient? Nothing else has worked so you might as well take a chance.

You'd be surprised how many people fail again and again, only to finally succeed well after a reasonable person would have given up. You will only truly fail if you give up.

You can do this TDG. You really can. It hasn't been easy and won't be but difficult doesn't mean impossible.
Old 11-23-2014, 03:54 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

As long as you're alive, there is hope. I was realizing last night - what a miracle it is to be sober. This sh*t is hard.....BUT, it IS possible. For me, it has been a process of finding new coping skills and practing using them....

I like what the NA literature says "give yourself a break.... you didn't become addicted in one day.." (am sure that is not verbatim)...

Begin again. Go to a meeting today. Do ONE thing different today....

Wishing you peace.
Old 11-23-2014, 04:28 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I wish I could go to inpatient, are you really lucky enough to have that option? I don't have med insurance nor money , nor enough supporters to make it a possibillity , if you have the opportunity take it , I'm at the point where my options are cold turkey , which I'm doing , if I f up I'm going to become homeless ( very quickly) my options after that are to , commit a crime and either I get caught and go to jail ( which is my only option to get inpatient theorapy or I get away with it and get help , or kill myself ,
anyways it sounds to me like there isstill
hope for you , you just need some help , so go get it. Good luck my friend
Old 11-23-2014, 04:31 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

You've tried and failed too many times doing it your way. Do inpatient. You won't be sorry.
Old 11-23-2014, 04:38 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Jeremy, Are you really on the list for inpatient rehab? If you are not, get on that list.

You started outpatiient therapy and seem to have a good psychologist. That has scared the crap out of your AV. Your addiction knows it is close to getting sent packing. So it rears it's ugly head and here you are again. It is using fear against you. Time to really fight. You have the tools now and you have the support. Go back to therapy tomorrow and start again.
Old 11-23-2014, 05:22 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Jeremy
You are right, you don't have the answers of yourself to win this battle.
Other people have suggestions that will work for you if you can have a little faith to start with.
I only started getting better when I accepted that I needed to take advice and follow it to the letter.
Some call that weak.
I call it smart.
Be smart my friend and NEVER give up.
Quitting trying to do the next right thing is not an option for us.
And disappearing from here ain't the next right thing.
Your struggles are familiar to many.
Don't be alone with them.
G
Old 11-23-2014, 05:24 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

It's time for some tough love, Jeremy. This story has become tiresome. It's time to chose a different ending. I get that you're mentally ill, I get that you have marital problems, I get that your daughter was taken away, you have pets, you're broke, no job, you're on meds, you're off meds, you gamble, your friend committed suicide, you're late on your rent & on & on & on. I get it.

You know what I say to that?

So what. We all have problems, Jeremy.

You've been coddled for too long. These responses of picking yourself up, dusting yourself off & getting back on the horse don't work & never have. It's time to stop wallowing in self-pity & do the work.

It's time for inpatient.

Refusing inpatient when it's right there waiting for you is an insult & slap in the face to those on SR who truly want it but for whatever reason can't have it. You talk a big game about wanting to help others. You have within your reach the chance to be a huge success story. Think of the people you could help if you succeed. Continue down this current trajectory and you're on your way to being another nameless, faceless statistic. Not only that, your daughter becomes just another kid caught in the crossfire. What a shame & a waste.

I read a story yesterday about Glenn Close & her sister's fight with alcoholism & mental illness. It is fascinating and inspiring - a true success story. That can be your ending as well, Jeremy. You've got to get off the pity party train to drunkville first. Next stop can be inpatient and this nightmare ride is over. It will take hard work and will suck at times. It will feel strange and uncomfortable in the beginning. You'll hear things you don't want to hear. Asked to do things you don't want to do. At some point though the clouds will part & you'll start to see rays of light poking thru. Light, Jeremy. You know, the complete opposite of dark. Why not take a leap of faith? Anything has got to be better than where you're at right now. I know I'm bored with it & tired of it I'm not even living it. I can't imagine how utterly exhausting it must be in the eye of the storm. Aren't you tired yet, Jeremy?

I wish you luck. I want you to succeed. You never will though staying put or giving up.
Old 11-23-2014, 06:02 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HeartsAfire View Post
It's time for some tough love, Jeremy. This story has become tiresome. It's time to chose a different ending. I get that you're mentally ill, I get that you have marital problems, I get that your daughter was taken away, you have pets, you're broke, no job, you're on meds, you're off meds, you gamble, your friend committed suicide, you're late on your rent & on & on & on. I get it.

You know what I say to that?

So what. We all have problems, Jeremy.

You've been coddled for too long. These responses of picking yourself up, dusting yourself off & getting back on the horse don't work & never have. It's time to stop wallowing in self-pity & do the work.

It's time for inpatient.

Refusing inpatient when it's right there waiting for you is an insult & slap in the face to those on SR who truly want it but for whatever reason can't have it. You talk a big game about wanting to help others. You have within your reach the chance to be a huge success story. Think of the people you could help if you succeed. Continue down this current trajectory and you're on your way to being another nameless, faceless statistic. Not only that, your daughter becomes just another kid caught in the crossfire. What a shame & a waste.

I read a story yesterday about Glenn Close & her sister's fight with alcoholism & mental illness. It is fascinating and inspiring - a true success story. That can be your ending as well, Jeremy. You've got to get off the pity party train to drunkville first. Next stop can be inpatient and this nightmare ride is over. It will take hard work and will suck at times. It will feel strange and uncomfortable in the beginning. You'll hear things you don't want to hear. Asked to do things you don't want to do. At some point though the clouds will part & you'll start to see rays of light poking thru. Light, Jeremy. You know, the complete opposite of dark. Why not take a leap of faith? Anything has got to be better than where you're at right now. I know I'm bored with it & tired of it I'm not even living it. I can't imagine how utterly exhausting it must be in the eye of the storm. Aren't you tired yet, Jeremy?

I wish you luck. I want you to succeed. You never will though staying put or giving up.
This.

Bunnez
Old 11-23-2014, 06:27 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hey, I just wanted to pipe in. I went to outpatient treatment--and continued to drink. People got so frustrated with me and I'm sure my counselor thought I was insane for continuing to drink. I gave up, kept drinking, and tried out patient again--but didn't make it past the detox portion.

And I really wanted to be sober; I just was scared and didn't know how not to drink.

I felt like such a failure. Everyone had kept telling me to go to inpatient, but I was too scared.

I left the job I had and lost my insurance and so I lost any chance at going to an inpatient.

I did manage to get sober (broke and unemployed with nowhere else to go, I moved back in with family)--but it was the hard way and I'm surprised I made it.

Don't think that you're a failure because you drank in outpatient therapy. It just means you're an alcoholic. You're not the first one to drink while going to treatment.

You're not hopeless. Don't give up. Go to inpatient if you can. (I really wish I had, in retrospect.)

Many of us have been where you are now and we're happily sober. You can be, too. (And I had a friend with schizophrenia who also got sober and was happy. )

Anything is possible as long as you don't give up.
Best to you.
Old 11-23-2014, 06:31 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Administrator

The Salvation Army, free inpatient rehab for anyone who wants it:

The Salvation Army Family Stores
Old 11-23-2014, 06:37 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Before it will work
we must be sick and tired
some get there sooner
some take a very long time
some poor souls never get there
MM
Old 11-23-2014, 08:27 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

You can do this Jeremy!!
Old 11-23-2014, 11:44 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

We have your back and rooting for you. Put your trust in what counts, the big fellow in the sky and your SR friends. We are all in trenches, but our strength is in numbers. Dig out dude, one shovel of dirt a a time.
Old 11-23-2014, 11:57 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
The Long and Winding Road....

Man I have had numerous relapses also and I feel your pain. Been there you can do it