Notices

Day 4

Old 11-19-2014, 04:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 4

Well it's the end of day 4 and I'm in my bed, feeling better about the whole thing with only a few moments of fear today, not fear that I'll drink today but fear of not doing it in the future, it literally makes me panic, I can usually divert my mind by doing something else that takes my mind off it and can think positively for a while but then it happens again, even while I'm writing this I can feel it. Earlier when I got that panic feeling about not drinking in the future I tried to think about something else, telling myself to stop thinking about it, then it got worse because I thought how long can I hold this feeling off before it strikes. I'm sure most of the feelings are normal but it scares the crap out of me. Perhaps if I just light a smoke and think about the bad times drinking it'll help change my views, perhaps I should stop thinking about the future and only concentrate on the here and now, although I suspect it's the drink that's making me think the wrong way. Anyway I'm sure I'll work it out, starting to ramble on about the same thing here, so to sum up, today was great I stayed sober
Old 11-19-2014, 04:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Exellent Owen serious well done

congrats on making it thru day 4 have a good sleep friend
Old 11-19-2014, 04:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Relapsing is was scares me the most too. Besides the potential damage I might have done to my body.

We have to remember that even if we do relapse, there's still hope. It's important to try and stay as optimistic as possible. Easier said than done.

Congratulations on day 4!
Old 11-19-2014, 04:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Day 4 is great...congratulations! Try to focus on the here and now (believe me, I KNOW how difficult that can be). We are totally here to support you.