SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Raider's back! I saw her! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/351162-raiders-back-i-saw-her.html)

trachemys 11-18-2014 09:08 PM

Raider's back! I saw her!

Welcome back, lady! Speak up!

Lenina 11-18-2014 09:17 PM

hey, Raider! We've missed you!

Love from Lenina

gracetuesday 11-18-2014 09:20 PM

Hi Raider!!! So glad you are around!

Raider 11-18-2014 10:10 PM

trach you are a crazy woman and I love you. I'm don't have anything fun to tell you. I am so devastated. Today was the first time I left the tiny cabin since I came back from Alaska one week ago. And I only did it because I needed to go to the laundromat. So for a few hours, I was distracted. then once back here, the sadness returned. This ache is so deep, I've never experienced anything like it. this is just so horrible. Thank you for asking.

gracetuesday 11-18-2014 10:19 PM

Raider, your post made me think of a Buddhist book " After the enlightenment, then the laundry..." by Jack Kornfeld.....

Wishing you so much peace, Raider!

Verte 11-19-2014 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by Raider (Post 5026659)
trach you are a crazy woman and I love you.

Hi Raider...good to see you posting :hug:

Trach...you're a woman?

Treerat66 11-19-2014 12:50 AM

Welcome back Raider.

Gilmer 11-19-2014 03:20 AM

Trach is a guy. :)

Nice to see you, Raider. So sorry about your pain. :hug:

trachemys 11-19-2014 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by Raider (Post 5026659)
trach you are a crazy woman and I love you. I'm don't have anything fun to tell you. I am so devastated. Today was the first time I left the tiny cabin since I came back from Alaska one week ago. And I only did it because I needed to go to the laundromat. So for a few hours, I was distracted. then once back here, the sadness returned. This ache is so deep, I've never experienced anything like it. this is just so horrible. Thank you for asking.

I know your world just disintegrated. I also know that you needed us. If all we can do is be a shoulder to lean on, we'll be that. If we can be more, we'll be that. We're here for you.

And, yeah, I'm a guy. But, your opening line could explain a lot. :lmao

Soberwolf 11-19-2014 04:59 AM

Hi Raider

hopeful4 11-19-2014 06:07 AM

Many hugs to you Raider. I am so sorry you are struggling and grieving. XXX

HeadLump 11-19-2014 06:31 AM

(((((Raider))))) ♥♥♥

Dee74 11-19-2014 01:58 PM

Good to see you on SR Pam :hug:

so you haven't considered grief counselling? not an option?
D

happyandfree 11-19-2014 03:29 PM

Hi Raider!

biminiblue 11-19-2014 03:37 PM

Many hospitals have support groups for grief.

Isolation just makes it worse, Pam.

How's the drinking?

ImperfectlyMe 11-19-2014 03:40 PM

Sitting in my car waiting for my grief group. Pam they really help.

Hevyn 11-19-2014 04:05 PM

Thank you Trach, Sir. :)

Raider we're always happy when you're around, no matter what's going on.

ArtFriend 11-19-2014 05:45 PM

Pam/Raider - Hope you don't mind if I speak frankly. I know you lost your sister recently and apparently "out of the blue". Two things: Your loss is recent and it was without warning. You didn't have time to prepare for your grief. That is huge. That is what people experience in traumatic situations, like car accidents or a criminal act, like murder. You MUST give yourself time and support. That is the only way to deal with the pain.

My sister was "murdered" in the 9/11 attacks. She was 54 when she died. I am older than her now. That whole situation was incredibly hard to deal with. I went into a tailspin. The whole world was mourning these attacks and I had to watch it over and over on TV. I never thought I would get through it. The pain was so intense. But... in time, the pain faded (never completely gone). The saying "time heals all wounds" is false. It only makes the wounds less painful, but they are never completely gone.

There is no time table regarding grief. It is a highly individual experience. But, don't wound yourself over and over by demanding so much of yourself. Try to heal.

Raider 11-19-2014 09:14 PM

Trach I'm sorry. I don't know how I got that in my mind.

Artfriend im so sorry about your friend.

Thank you all. Love ha bunches.
Pam

ZeldaFan 11-19-2014 09:19 PM

Hi Raider! I'm sorry to hear things are rough for you right now. We are all here for you. Hugs!