Notices

AA Annoys me!

Old 11-19-2014, 04:27 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Hi.
Many don’t like to hear what they NEED to hear. AA has been around more years than most of us have been alive and has as a result more experience on helping people get AND stay sober. People in general are sensitive and want to be wrapped in a fuzzy recovery program that does things their way. SORRY.
It wasn’t that long ago newcomers were told with good reason to sit up front, take the cotton out of their ears and put it in their mouth for 90 days and just listen. One reason is that most newcomers had nothing to say about living or being sober. It is a period to identify the experiences and feelings of when we were drinking and the strength needed to stop drinking.

I was undisciplined and rebellious so for 2 years defended my poor decisions of drinking while doing a lot of comparing with those speaking and those offering help. Finally the pain was sufficient for me to surrender and accept the fact I cannot drink in safety.

BFTGOG it works IF we work it along with most programs. Unfortunately a huge # seeking help don’t make it and are living in misery if they are lucky because it never gets better unless we plug the jug permanently. SAD!

BE WELL
Old 11-19-2014, 05:40 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

It sounds to me like you have come a long way at a young age. Seriously, congratulations. It took me 20 years to realise that it was the drink that was messing up my mind and by extension my life. I have nobody to blame. I have met 99% good people in my life. In fact, I could count on the fingers of one hand the people who have been unkind or unfair to me.

Fact is, I am deeply embarrassed and disgusted with myself that I could allow this to happen to myself. I am seen to be successful by people that don't know what a double life I have been living. I am one of the most analytical detailed and diligent people I know. How could I have let this happen to me? To people who are not in control of their life or that don't care I can understand, but me??

Fact is that it happened for 20 years! That is the strength of the enemy! Know your enemy and kill it. Try not be be angry, embarrassed or ashamed. Make your decision, never go back.
Old 11-19-2014, 07:19 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

How are you this morning in super chilly SEA?

Hey, why don't you join a bunch of us in our daily thread in Newcomers for a 24 Hour commitment to sobriety?

Here's the link:

24-hour-recovery-connections-part-25-a.html