Notices

Please help me

Old 11-18-2014, 06:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Please help me

i was ready (I think) to start again in sobriety. Then my sweet dog died yesterday and I really tied one on last night. Tho I probably would have even without that excuse. My mom is in town and even though I was drunk she was even worse (I guess I come by this naturally) so I had to take care of her. Now it's 8 in the morning and I still feel drunk but I have to drive her to the airport. I can't go on like this. I don't know what to do. Please help me.
Old 11-18-2014, 06:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Eliasson have you got a recovery plan in place ?
Old 11-18-2014, 06:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Trudgin

24 hours, one day at a time is how we all start. Willingness and acceptance are the keys......

Glad you posted, we've all felt as you do now. It is possible to stay sober but requires effort. Sorry about your dog

But, good for you to recognize we don't make excuses for our drinking. That's what got us here.

Keep posting - make a plan, and breathe......
Old 11-18-2014, 06:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

No I'm scared and don't even know where to start. I've failed so many times.
Old 11-18-2014, 06:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Get your mom on a shuttle or cab to the airport or call someone to drive her. If you get pulled over or in an accident, your blood alcohol is likely way over the limit. Don't chance it.

Then later today find an AA meeting.
Old 11-18-2014, 06:12 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Ive semnt you a few links but here is more

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-25-a-2.html

Alcoholism-12 Step Support - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Secular Connections - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

I hope this helps
Old 11-18-2014, 06:13 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

Ive semnt you a few links but here is more

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-25-a-2.html

Alcoholism-12 Step Support - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Secular Connections - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

I hope this helps
Old 11-18-2014, 06:13 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm sorry about your dog. That is very sad. Drinking is going to make it harder to deal with, though. Loss is a huge trigger for uncomfortable emotions.

I had to learn to face things without a crutch. Life kept happening, I didn't drink at it.
Old 11-18-2014, 06:14 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Do your best

i also sent you useful links check your inbox
Old 11-18-2014, 06:16 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi Eliasson, I'm so sorry about your dog, but it's good that you realized you would have been drinking anyway. Please join us in the November thread, there are a lot of us who have a lot of Day 1s, but we keep trying: http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-2-a.html Hang in there, and big hugs to you.
Old 11-18-2014, 06:22 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi Eliasson, I understand being scared, and being frustrated when you try to quit and "life" happens. I also understand that we don't do feelings very well, especially with the loss of a loved one - even if it is a pet.
When people keep trying and relapse they beat their selves up so much that it makes it even harder to get back on track, but it's so necessary to never quit quitting.
The thing about grieving is that if we never start (because we're using/numbing) we never get to finish the grieving process that's so necessary to move on. This can only truly be done when sober.
Drink water, contact a detox if need be, and just get back on track and continue to battle this beast! I can guarantee that you are stronger than you know or give yourself credit for.
Old 11-18-2014, 06:29 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

sorry to hear about your dog, I agree with seeking another method getting your mother to the airport. lots of good suggestions given, I hope you are ready to give this a real chance.