Notices

Taking on other peoples' energy...

Old 11-18-2014, 12:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
NAP

Taking on other peoples' energy...

Hi there!

I am sensitive, to the point where I often take on other peoples' energy very easily. I don't see people - I feel them. I can feel their vibe from a few feet away usually, and booze has become very attractive in dealing with this, as it acts as a bit of a buffer, and I can keep an energetic distance.

Does anyone have any suggestions about this, and what to do instead?

Thanks!
Old 11-18-2014, 12:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi NAP

it took a while but I went from being a person who responded to other people's music to listening again to the drummer in my own head.

Not drinking was the first and most important step in that. Self esteem followed along with firmer boundaries and I regained a strong trust in my own 'gut'.

Rather than the woolly headed random buffer of booze (sometimes it worked and sometimes it backfired) I have a far greater handle on what I let in or out.

It's a far better - healthier - feeling, and it's way more effective, to boot

Give it time, you'll change, and grow and it will happen.

D
Old 11-18-2014, 12:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
pray for strength

Originally Posted by NAP View Post
Hi there!

I am sensitive, to the point where I often take on other peoples' energy very easily. I don't see people - I feel them. I can feel their vibe from a few feet away usually, and booze has become very attractive in dealing with this, as it acts as a bit of a buffer, and I can keep an energetic distance.

Does anyone have any suggestions about this, and what to do instead?

Thanks!
Are there particular situations where you feel the need to be drinking? Cutting out social situations that I felt required booze helped me slowly fill the space with more positive energy filled situations. For example, group mindfulness sessions, art classes and my very favorite bookstore all have great energy.

Drinking numbed all the good stuff along with the bad until everything was just a generally negative hum for me. Now sober I feel more choice and power over where and with whom I spend my time.

Old 11-18-2014, 12:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Being sober is the best thing in the world
Old 11-18-2014, 02:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

energy psychic buffer, the 'tags' for this thread. hmmmm

nothing to add except stop drinking and take a step back.
Old 11-23-2014, 01:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
NAP

Can you stop judging for two seconds

[QUOTE=LBrain;5024558]energy psychic buffer, the 'tags' for this thread. hmmmm quote]

i'm not sure what you're alluding to, but...

i put those tags in place because "psychic" people might relate, booze is a "buffer" and i take on others' "energy", so, uh.......passive aggressive poster those are my reasons. this falls in line with my thinking in that some (sober?) people are very eager to jump in and judge anything, everything, anytime to help themselves feel better ;-) bless!!! may you get/feel better soon!