Notices

well

Old 11-18-2014, 12:50 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Good luck Dennis; to echo everyone else you probably want to handle this sober, not drinking or hungover. But a big hug for you , you'll do the right thing
Old 11-18-2014, 02:35 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by AugustWest11 View Post
Sadly; it would make it worse but at the same time I could sleep ... In the past week I've gotten 8\9 hours sleep. I go to bed crying from the pain only to wake in tears unable to move. Not to mention somehow need to go grocery shopping. My anxiety alone has left me paralyzed lately. I honestly am to the point I just don't give a damn if I do or don't drink now. I've given up on ever being happy sober or drunk; I'll never be happy.
There are far more effective and less debilitating treatments than alcohol, Dennis.

Sounds to me like you need to keep seeing Drs to find the solutions to those issues D - the insomnia, the pain, the anxiety and the inability to be happy can all be treated to some extent or another.

I dealt with chronic issues like this too. You just have to keep looking and agitating until you find the help you need. If you give up, you'll never find change, Dennis?

D
Old 11-19-2014, 01:29 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post

There are far more effective and less debilitating treatments than alcohol, Dennis.

Sounds to me like you need to keep seeing Drs to find the solutions to those issues D - the insomnia, the pain, the anxiety and the inability to be happy can all be treated to some extent or another.

I dealt with chronic issues like this too. You just have to keep looking and agitating until you find the help you need. If you give up, you'll never find change, Dennis?

D
I've yet to see a Dr; outside of the er Dee. But I do have a plan; just is taking time.

But I'll get back on my feet again someday,
The good Lord willin', if He says I may.
I know that the life i'm livin's no good,
I'll get a new start, live the life I should.
I'll get up and fly away, I'll get up and fly away, fly away.
Old 11-19-2014, 02:14 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Dennis......when my best friend passed away from a drink induced brain haemorrhage I went through hell between knowing deep down it was our excessive drinking that caused it and at the same time wanting to turn to the drink and disappear down that hole so deep that i would have have to face the consequences. In the end the drink won. That will be to my eternal regret as the two years since then have seen my heaviest and most destructive drinking.

What happened to your father is terrible, sorry about that. It is not a reason to start drinking again. Thats your addition talking to you....and its powerful in times like this. Do not let it get the better of you. Good luck dude.
Old 11-19-2014, 04:18 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Life is an unlikely miracle.

So sorry to hear your sad news, Dennis.

I hope things improve for you and your dad soon.
Old 11-19-2014, 04:19 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Life is an unlikely miracle.

So sorry to hear your sad news, Dennis.

I hope things improve for you and your dad soon.