Notices

I got all my options now I just have to do this, but scared

Old 11-17-2014, 10:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I got all my options now I just have to do this, but scared

I made the calls, I have 3 options, self commit I don't really want to do that though because they can hold you for an indefinite term.

West Care detox center 3 to 7 days of detox, this would be nice because they have medication to help with the come down they say. This option is probably my most viable option and I can transition to rehab after.

Or a 30 day facility that does both detox and rehab. This one would be a viable option but 30 days scares the hell out of me.

So Westcare it is, but now I have to do their phone prescreen ( I didn't do it this morning) and then they set a time or date for you to come in.... The prescreen I suppose is to figure out what your addicted to and how bad, and prioritize people.

The big thing is I am doing what I always do, sitting here " thinking about it".... Can you tell I am scared and nervous, I mean I have this thing with feeling like I am not in control of me, but I guess I am not anyways...

No sure why I am still here posting, I should probably get on the phone and do the prescreen, but right now I haven't committed my mind to it... Crazy things an alcoholic mind does.
Old 11-17-2014, 11:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Pick up the phone - we'll be here if you need us.
Old 11-17-2014, 11:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I found that by describing the problem honestly to a professional, I was able to get better advice than what I could give myself.

After all .... the same brain I was going to use to figure stuff out, was the same brain that told me a drink would fix up my problems

Hope that helps
Old 11-17-2014, 11:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Pick the phone up make the call...i know your scared J but this really is the best option brother

pm if you wanna chat as always
Old 11-17-2014, 11:07 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You need more than just detox. Please choose the 30 day detox + rehab. Why not just sign up now and get it done? I think deep down you know that's the best option.
Old 11-17-2014, 11:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
learning to live

Originally Posted by HenryKrinkle View Post
You need more than just detox. Please choose the 30 day detox + rehab. Why not just sign up now and get it done? I think deep down you know that's the best option.
I agree with Henry. But do stand with my first suggestion as well that ANY road is better than none right now, Jeremy. I am proud of you for taking some action.....KEEP GOING!!!
Old 11-17-2014, 11:12 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thatdeliveryguy, you know this is a matter of life or death on your end, yet you keep on rationalizing and thinking about it. I can definitely understand you being scared and nervous and you have my support, but I am getting very concerned for you. Take that big step forward and don't try to rationalize it.
Old 11-17-2014, 11:19 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

So ya do a 3-7 day detox. Then what???

Quit screwing around,man!! You been running from yourself for a long time and that's one of the things that got ya where ya!!! Yu don't know what's good for you so get her arse into a long term facility and let someone who knows better help you!q
Old 11-17-2014, 11:24 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Jeremy, you have been suffering for a long time now and the stakes are very high.

I hope you decide upon the greatest help available.
Old 11-17-2014, 11:28 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

And yesterday you said in another thread you were heading to rehab today.
Old 11-17-2014, 11:33 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thatdeliveryguy View Post

Or a 30 day facility that does both detox and rehab. This one would be a viable option but 30 days scares the hell out of me.
J, as far as I can tell you've been going through this for many more than 30 days for a while. 30 days in a rehab scares the hell out of you.
Or going into something where "they" control your destiny...

So you want to choose something that gives you an out. A week... then what? You still want to be in control and you have proven it isn't working for you.

As far as I see it, you haven't been doing a very good job of making decisions for yourself.

I know it's difficult. I know you have a lot going on in your life. But I also know that 30 days is nothing compared to the last 6 months and the next six months. If you had done 30 days 2 months ago you wouldn't be still worrying about how long 30 days is. The longer you put it off, the longer it will take. Something to consider.

Just an observation from a concerned friend.

It seems a few have posted since I started typing. And it seems there to be a consensus for at least a 30 day rehab.

Last edited by LBrain; 11-17-2014 at 11:38 AM. Reason: added
Old 11-17-2014, 11:35 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Living Sober

Hey Thatdeliveryguy-

Personally, I think I'd opt for the 30 days if you are covered for that. I know this would 'suck' the most, but you'd be in a solid place, and you would have a good month of serious sobriety. I'm guessing they would help with group sessions and perhaps some one-on-ones. I'd also think after a full solid month of all of this <good> stuff, it might make you much stronger, thus lessening the chance of a relapse.

But the other seems good as well, so I guess you really can't go wrong- unless you think about it too much. I'd seriously make the call before you think your way out of it. I've seen you in here enough to know that you really do want to quit, so why not take advantage of what's available to you? You're fortunate to have these options, so why not use them?

Lusher

PS- (((( MAKE THE CALL ))))
Old 11-17-2014, 11:36 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Make the call, you can do this.
Old 11-17-2014, 11:38 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

The 30 day sounds like a great option. Try to be rational about this.

Name one bad thing that can happen if you go, then list the good things.
Old 11-17-2014, 11:40 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Do it. I think you'll be relieved once you do. Let someone help you regain the control over your life. Then post back here... We are here for you and we have all been scared of quitting at some point. You have the strength to do it; you just need to push forward. *hugs*
Old 11-17-2014, 11:48 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by Thatdeliveryguy View Post
This one would be a viable option but 30 days scares the hell out of me.
In early sobriety I found that if something pertaining to getting sober scared the hell out of me there was an extremely high probability that it was the best option for me to take.

If it was fun getting over an addiction we'd have much higher success rates.

Think about what you truly want for your life, and then pick up the phone.

You can do this.
Old 11-17-2014, 11:50 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Low

I'm with TomSTeve....stop jerking yourself around and looking for the easier way. Take action NOW. 30 day!! Your thinking yourself right out of this....please grab on to the life preserver that has been tossed your way.
Old 11-17-2014, 11:51 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I'd pick the longest term allowable. You need help and you need it now.
Old 11-17-2014, 11:58 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Indecision is a decision.

You know what the answer is. Make the call. It's life and death at this point.

Sending positive vibes and strength - you can do this!!
Old 11-17-2014, 12:46 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I've made the call, and now I am stuck waiting for them to call me back. I am going to do detox first and then look into long term recovery. I am actually withdrawing pretty bad which is why I finally picked up the phone. I hope they can get me in today, I am ready for the suffering to stop and this anxiety is unreal. Called and said I am ready to do the prescreen and the lady said " call you right back" that was over an hour ago. The wait is excruciating this is already hard for me!. So thats step one, step two is the follow through after she calls me. However, as the song jet plane goes " I've packed my bag and I am ready to go"