Notices

I need hope...desperate

Old 11-17-2014, 12:24 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you continue to seek support and that you can find some peace in your life.
Old 11-17-2014, 12:29 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Call your local AA phone number - you can look it up online.

There are women in AA who do service work of meeting with you and who will drive you to and home from AA meetings. You're not the first person without a ride. Plus that will give you someone with whom to walk in to the meeting. They will explain AA to you and talk to you on the phone. Give it a try - it's free and it is a good thing. They understand you. People in AA have the same problem. Start doing good things and good things will follow.
^^^^^ what Bim said.

Reach out, mystery. You will be surprised to see how many people offer their hand to you.
Old 11-17-2014, 02:12 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Glad to hear you're feeling better. Take care and don't drink.
Old 11-17-2014, 02:19 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

misty
glad you are here. this is a great place with good people to talk too. alcohol has won many battles over me too. i wish i can give you some good advice but hard too.
Old 11-17-2014, 02:30 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

You can do this. Have a little faith in yourself.
Old 11-17-2014, 08:53 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi mistory5

I'm sorry you're feeling so low but there is definitely hope for brighter days ahead. Just read around.

If you can't drive yourself, then maybe your mom could take you to meetings, or you could check for a bus, or a cab, or ring the local AA for a lift.

If you want change there's always a way to make it work

D
Old 11-17-2014, 11:13 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Glad you found us, Mistory5! I know how hard it is to feel like booze is controlling your life. For 25 years I drank hard, and harder as time went on. The last few years I was drunk 7/365, not one sober day the whole time. I was hungover at my dad's funeral and got truly smashed afterward. I'd never been able to string together any sober time, and realistically I don't think I'd really tried. In the morning I'd drag myself out of bed, feeling like I was gonna die, swearing there was no way I would drink that night. But of course 11:00 pm I was at the liquor store again. Ultimately I decided that if withdrawals killed me it would be better to be sober and dead than alive and drunk.

Luckily for me getting sober didn't kill me! It's been over two years now since I last drank, and honestly I don't even feel like that guy that drank the first half of his life away. My world is so different. I never could have dreamed my life could change this much.

You can have the same change, Mistory5! You really can. There are probably as many paths to sobriety as there are different drunks, you just need to find the one that works for you. AVRT and this forum have been my salvation. Time to find yours!

It's great to have you with us Mistory.
Old 11-17-2014, 11:27 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I've had instances when I wanted to kill myself while drunk too.

You're not alone.
Old 11-17-2014, 11:46 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Administrator

I know the OP is fine, but for anyone dealing with thoughts of suicide or self harm we do have some links and resources:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ease-read.html

D
Old 11-18-2014, 10:11 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

How are you doing today, mistory?
Old 11-18-2014, 11:29 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
How are you doing today, mistory?
Im better today. Still a little withdrawl, anxiety and regret. But one thing thats a lil different is i think its starting to sink in I just cant drink. Been reading a lil on avrt and reading my bb plus reading here. Thx so much for checking on me. It helps so much.
Old 11-18-2014, 11:33 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Rooting for you, mistory. You can always lean on us.
Old 11-18-2014, 11:51 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

^yeah. that.

Old 11-18-2014, 11:56 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

mistory, I'm so glad to hear you're going better! We are definitely here to support you. take good care.
Old 11-18-2014, 12:01 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Mistory,
Let the love for your kids be the light that guides you in your recovery. I am very new to this. U had a couple of months where my drink was bananas. Stopping to buy vodka on way from drink,I'd drink myself to sleep or just pass out(hiding that I was drinking) each time hating myself in the morning saying never again, just to do it again that nite or a day or two later. My AHA moment came when I took my daughter to McDonald's after I had been drinking. I passed out,woke up at 3am and thought WTF!!!!no can't go on like this. It's a struggle sometimes I just want a sip - but I don't dare.once before a sip has turned to half a bottle. For myself and for my daughter I need to always have the upper hand on alcohol. Find the help u know u WANT and NEED Wethersfield AA ,doctor,or this great site.
Old 11-18-2014, 12:12 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

You have a son , and you must care for his feelings. Because you didn't want him to see your corpse , I'm guessing you love him , and he probably loves you as I'm sure your mom does , thats a lot of warmth .
anyways yes you can be sober , many people have went clean and you can to.

I use to get suicidal when I drank ( more like just not wanting to exist ) It helped me to go to a real phychiatrist because I had some imbalances that the alcohol was exasperating , but that was just me , anyways please don't kill yourself for the sake of your son
Old 11-18-2014, 12:26 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

One day at a time, one moment at a time. You can do this Mistory!!!!
Old 11-18-2014, 12:44 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

You all r amazing! I can't believe the supportive loving feedback im getting. I never got this kind of support from the AA meetings ive attended. Im not totally against exploring AA. Maybe different location. Anyway your responses made me smile, have some belief in my self and know others have went through what i said in my original post.
Old 11-18-2014, 02:38 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad you're feeling better mistory

D
Old 11-19-2014, 05:55 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Thx D! Working on day 3 today. SR. Really helped me focus on not drinking yesterday. Im so grateful. I thpught that last binge was going to turn into an everyday thing again with so many bad comsequences.