Notices

Commitment

Old 07-31-2004, 02:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Headed in the right direction.

Commitment

HI,
Carrie - alcoholic.
I have a big trigger comign up this afternoon. It is my god son's (2 year old) birthday party. Starts at 3:00 p.m. Nevada time.
Attending will be a big group of old friends and lots of booze. This is the group I first met when I came to Vegas. I was single, alone and these were strong friends. Theya re still good friends now, they don;t tempt me, but at the same time, I have to be careful not to fall inoto my old ways.

We are a big fun group, professionals, all of us, but certainly good for several rounds of cocktails. I'm committing to this program though. I'm staying sober. I remember the horror of the things I could have done and things that could have happend when I was drinking. I'm praying too. Pray for me.

I want to be personally responsible for making a commitment to all of you that I will stay sober through this party. Through all of today for that matter. I will ring in later to share my success.
Best wishes to all, stay committed to AA with me. At least just for today.
-Carrie
Old 07-31-2004, 02:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
peace2u

Hi Carrie,
You have it in you to get through this event baby steps at a time. In fact, you just got me through my panic event. I have just finished assisting the removal and burial of a rat that's been dead in my backyard in a pipe for several days. It took us over an hour to fish the rotting thing out and I'm pretty rattled. I really wanted a drink badly to calm my nerves.
Instead of drinking, I will light a candle for you while I'm preparing dinner as a tribute to your commitment to stop drinking and for helping me through my panic moment and helping me keep my commitment.
Enjoy the celebration...sober.
peace2u

Old 07-31-2004, 07:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey Carrie, How did it go? Pulling for ya.
Old 07-31-2004, 08:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Headed in the right direction.

Smile Did it!

Hi all,
All the good thoughts, candles & prayers worked!!

It was "funny feeling" to say, I'll take a diet coke...especially when the hostess had to hunt around for them, for like, 10 minutes...in the past, I sould have succumbed and said, "I'll just take a beer then."

I was truly tempted by the wicked spirit when my DH said, "hold this" [[his open beer]] while he did something with our toddler. There it was, open bottle...in my hand, nobody caring or paying attention. But I didn't give in.
I did give in to chocolate birthday cake so I slipped... on my Atkins diet...but hey... I'm not an Akins-a-holic...so It will be easy for me to step back on the Atkins plan tonight...whereas if I had taken one drink, I would have been on the road to nowhere.

((1 Marty)) THANKS!!

((Peace)) Thanks to you too and I hope your nerves calmed down perhaps the candle helped you too. I'm saying a little prayer for you right now. Rats (dead or alive) can be stinky and scary. Is it symbolic? Cleaning the rat (booze) out of your life?? Just a thought. Keeping things clean.
Here's to success!! If I can do it.....facing my weakness - head - on in front of my colleagues and friends and myself .......anyone can do it.
Old 08-01-2004, 02:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
peace2u

Hurrah!!!! CarrieSueBee! YOU DID IT! I knew you could do it! And with all of that temptation to boot! Yes...I survived my obsessive thoughts about alcohol. I did pray for you and myself over a dinner preparation candle and then washed the dishes with a splash of clorox added (to get the rat smell out of my nose...YUK!)
My husband brought home a bag full of tequila and beers after working all day. He drank several beers in the hottub...and I just turned my head everytime he drank. It was like a miracle that I didn't even want a sip. I owe it all to SR and the wonderful and supportive network of people in the same boat trying to beat the same demon.
I'm soooo proud of you...CarrieSueBee...and for myself for making it one more day.
Here's to us (with no alcohol of course
peace2u
P.S. Hubs is taking me to a nice dinner this evening. I'm only 3 days into staying sober and the temptations just keep on coming. Pray for me.

Old 08-01-2004, 02:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
we're all mad here!

:

to you two

((((((((CarrieSueBee)))))))))
and
((((((((Peace)))))))))
Old 08-01-2004, 03:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Way to go!!!

(((Carrie & Peace)))

This is one of the hardest parts of getting sober.
Then it is staying sober that takes just as much diligence.
Hang in there and keep hanging out here.
Glad you are here.
I am an alcoholic who is grateful to be sober today