Notices

The Beauty of Sleep

Old 11-14-2014, 09:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The Beauty of Sleep

I'm exhausted today, but you know what? I'm going to sleep like a baby! I love the non-disrupted sleep of sobriety. I just can't get over how delicious it is; I wake up literally with a smile on my face every morning thinking, I slept last night--how about that?

Also, apropos the discussion of anxiety, alcohol and what came first, I feel far enough now in this to say that, for sure, my alcohol use was causing me to be more anxious, even though I was using it to try to treat my stress and anxiety. If I'm perfectly honest with you (and myself) I was having suicidal thoughts there at the end of my drinking, and those have disappeared. It does get better, it just takes a leap of faith.

Thank you to all of you for your support and good grace. I am truly grateful.

Goodnight!
Old 11-14-2014, 09:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
pray for strength

Enjoy your beautiful sleep. You are doing such a great job!
Old 11-14-2014, 09:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Going to sleep too. Now on day 7 with most withdrawals gone ��
Old 11-14-2014, 09:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Mmmmm. Sweet sleep. Remembered dreams. Waking up excited about having my strong coffee in front of my fire. Getting to work in time to be the one who unlocks the door...

I have a new little baby puppy. He sleeps beside me & woke me up today by nipping my nose. Sober, I was able to laugh & take him outside into the cold morning air to pee without being cranky or rolling over mumbling that I need more sleep.

At night, when I go to bed, I feel myself relax into the covers & feel overwhelmed with comfort & gratitude.

When I drank, I passed out, & missed the whole lovely experience of falling asleep...
Old 11-15-2014, 01:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Life is an unlikely miracle.

Glad you're enjoying being sober, Matilda

Yes, natural sleep is wonderful ! I like to read in bed, then just slip down and drift off....lovely....

We miss out in so many ways when we are drunk. Yet we think we will miss out being sober. Crazy.
Old 11-15-2014, 06:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Up with the rising sun, and off for a hike with the puppies. Going to stop for a coffee to sip in the brisk air.

Heartcore, your life sounds so bucolic. I'm a nature girl, and envy where you live, although Northern California is certainly a beautiful place too. And a new puppy--how fun. Maybe I'll celebrate my six months sobriety with another furry friend, now that I can take even better care of them then before.

Have a wonderful day, everyone!
Old 11-15-2014, 07:04 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you too for your post.

Reading that other people are describing exactly how I am feeling encourages me to be even stronger in my resolve to stay sober.

Not sure if that ^^ makes sense, I am exhausted too and am looking forward to my 8 hours of zzzzz
Old 11-15-2014, 07:13 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Do your best

I am sleeping better still more awake than asleep but im getting there
Old 11-15-2014, 07:19 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by matilda123 View Post
I'm exhausted today, but you know what? I'm going to sleep like a baby! I love the non-disrupted sleep of sobriety. I just can't get over how delicious it is; I wake up literally with a smile on my face every morning thinking, I slept last night--how about that?

Also, apropos the discussion of anxiety, alcohol and what came first, I feel far enough now in this to say that, for sure, my alcohol use was causing me to be more anxious, even though I was using it to try to treat my stress and anxiety. If I'm perfectly honest with you (and myself) I was having suicidal thoughts there at the end of my drinking, and those have disappeared. It does get better, it just takes a leap of faith.

Thank you to all of you for your support and good grace. I am truly grateful.

Goodnight!
Matilda,

Good job. I was in your shoes 3 days ago. Finally slept last night and feeling better. I cannot do this anymore.