Notices

Sobriety Sucks Right Now..

Old 11-15-2014, 01:35 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Life is an unlikely miracle.

(((((Newhope))))))

I've been depressed many times, particularly over health issues, and thought it would never end.
Hope you feel a little better today, I'm in the UK so you're sleep as I write this.
Old 11-15-2014, 02:28 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
I can do this!!!

Thinking of you and hope you're feeling a bit brighter xx
Old 11-15-2014, 02:51 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Originally Posted by newhope01 View Post
I am trying not to think about how lonely I feel and how terrified I am about this mysterious illness I seem to have acquired. Its when my mind explores those feelings that I want to run to the liquor store.

I need to stay close tonight though.

NH, I'm glad you're not suicidal, thanks for making that clear. You do seem depressed though, and you don't have to go through that on your own. You never know how the body and mind are going to react to the withdrawal on alcohol and a period of depression would not be unusual. Please consider seeing a doctor, and if he/she suggests antidepressants for a while, it could be just what you need to get you through without resorting to alcohol.
Old 11-15-2014, 06:51 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hope you are feeling better today, newhope.

Have you tried meditation or meditative yoga; I have not YET tried it but it is on my short list. So many people swear by it to relieve stress and shift their outlooks and perspectives.
Old 11-15-2014, 10:53 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
Hope you are feeling better today, newhope.

Have you tried meditation or meditative yoga; I have not YET tried it but it is on my short list. So many people swear by it to relieve stress and shift their outlooks and perspectives.
Oh I love yoga! You should totally give it a try soberleigh! I always recommend actually going to a studio as its a nice experience but there are free youtube video's you can look up which are just as good.

Pain has subsided some more today which makes me feel a bit brighter. Have my fingers crossed that I may get a phone call regarding that last test result, but those are some high hopes for a Saturday.

Fighting with my husband right now though about my birthday trip. We have to cancel it because he picked up a job during the dates we would be traveling and I am a bit disappointed. Hes pissed I am disappointed. I cant help it. I just am.

I think I am going to take some of the advice offered to me here and treat myself this weekend. I may buy myself a nice new sweater, go to the gym, take a hot bath, get a pedicure, and try to forgive myself and others. Much better than hitting the bottle.
Old 11-15-2014, 10:56 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I've been treating myself now & then, it definitely helps. But I think you need to be smart about what you allow yourself - not something that's likely to elicit cravings.

Yoga, baths, pedicures ... all good ideas I reckon.
Old 11-15-2014, 11:01 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Thanks for the extra push to try yoga, newhope. I would much rather find a studio for the group experience; a video would be nice, though, for those bad hair days (just kidding) and snowed-in days.

Sorry your trip fell through - bummer.

Have fun treating newhope the way she deserves to be treated; your plans sound like fun.
Old 11-15-2014, 12:40 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Living Sober

Hi newhope- I just wanted to add some support as well, and say that I really hope things improve for you. I know it's not easy stuff, but please hang in there, as I know things can get better. And yes, treat yourself big time!

Lusher
Old 11-15-2014, 12:53 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hi newhope, I'm so glad you're sounding brighter in your most recent post. I'm really, really hoping that you get some good test results which will help you over this hump. (((hugs)))