Notices

Knowing the triggers

Old 11-14-2014, 04:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I can do this!!!

Knowing the triggers

Day 4 for me and oh so fresh from having my heart broken... It's over for so many reasons has a manipulating selfish egotistical man who reeled me in one last time just to drop me like a tone of bricks when I I needed him most... Oh you have to much crap going on in your life he says.... Oh cheers for the observation on that one!!
I went on a massive drinking rampage after that, self destructing feeling so low, so hurt, so dysfunctional as to why I'm not like everyone else...
So I've been recovering, sleeping, suffering, going through it all today in very sick with a throat infection, temperature. I received a message from him yesterday saying hey, hope you're well? Think about you all the time, missing you so much but not trying to get back with you just wanted you to know.... I was initially elated to hear from him (my toxic addiction) turn annoyed and angry. He's full of it. He feels guilty and wants to feel better himself... Normally like the past 20 times I'd crumble, cry, beg him back, drink get drunk and so on and on... This time I knew change was necessary I replied graciously "thanks" he will no longer get under my skin suck me back into that hole with failed promises, zambucca lined up plastering me with drinks and playing on my weaknesses.... I have taken back my power I Ian in charge of me now!!
Old 11-14-2014, 04:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sounds like the right move Mermaid - you deserve better

D
Old 11-14-2014, 04:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Living Sober

Hey Mermaid44- Congrats on 4 days!

I know the boyfriend thing can make your sobriety goals more of a challenge. Actually, if you're like most people, MUCH more of a challenge, so I applaud you for taking control! Perhaps the split is for the best and you can now truly focus on yourself, and challenge yourself to just do what's right for you. At least for the time being? The added drama certainly won't make things any easier.

Stay strong, and I hope to see you around in here.

Lusher
Old 11-14-2014, 04:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I can do this!!!

Thanks Dee and lusher for your kind words xx
Old 11-14-2014, 04:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Well done on day 4 Mermaid