Notices

Maybe it's Time for rehab

Old 11-16-2014, 05:59 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mrrryah1 View Post
Well your responses made me breakdown and cry and cry and cry. So maybe that's a good thing? Maybe that means there's something left inside after all.
Becoming sober is like recovering from frostbite.

Defrosting is excruciatingly painful. You have been numb for so long. As feeling comes back to your soul, you start to tingle, and it's uncomfortable and strange. But then the tingles start feeling like daggers. Sadness, loss, fear, anger, anxiety - all these things that you have been numbing with the booze - you feel them for the first time. And it's horrific at first, to tell you the damn truth. But welcoming the pain and refusing to escape from it is the only way to recovery. You can't go around it, you can't go over it, you have to go through it. There is no other option, besides amputation. If you allow the defrosting process to take place - if you trust that it will work and choose to endure the pain - one day will you get your soul back. If you can feel, then there has been no amputation. If you can feel, you are not too late.

Friend we need you. The world has already suffered while you've been hiding.

- Glennon Doyle Melton, Carry On Warrior
Old 11-16-2014, 06:02 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Oaky, Nuu; now I am crying, too. That is simply beautiful.
Old 11-16-2014, 06:59 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I am so happy to see that you have updated us with how are you doing. Not so happy to hear how you are not feeling to well right now.

I went through the same thing last Friday. Something triggered me and I was crying uncontrollably for hours. I wanted to drink and almost did but SR was able to talk me off that ledge.

These feelings suck but its part of life. Whenever I feel particularly down I remember this poem by Kahlil Gibran, particularly this quote:
"Some of you say, "Joy is greater thar sorrow," and others say, "Nay, sorrow is the greater."But I say unto you, they are inseparable.
Together they come, and when one sits, alone with you at your board, remember that the other is asleep upon your bed."

He says that the deeper our sorrow carves into our being, the more joy we may contain. We cannot truly experience and appreciate our lives if we never knew what it felt to suffer.

Give the whole poem a good read and see if it helps.

Kahlil Gibran On Joy and Sorrow
Old 11-16-2014, 11:44 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Hang in there, rehab is where I am headed too. We don't need @#$#@ anymore time to clean up and put an end to our habits. Hang your head high friend we're going to do this, you can do this. It doesn't have to be this way anymore. Seek help.
Old 11-17-2014, 07:13 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Nuudawn - That was great! Thank you!

Mrrryah1 - glad you have come back! One day at a time....
Old 11-17-2014, 08:25 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

As for work, it is not your problem that your boss quit; workplaces somehow survive these events but our Mrrrryah - will she survive unscathed without a break in the 'cycle'? A friend of mine's son did not - 22 and gone. I am beyond worried about you, dear Mrrryah; I am truly scared.

SoberLeigh said it best.
Screw work M. You need to focus on numero UNO and that is you. Work will figure it out, they always do.
As much as it hurts, we are replaceable. I thought otherwise too when **** hit the fan. But no, work is work and they will survive.
Old 11-17-2014, 08:25 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

As for work, it is not your problem that your boss quit; workplaces somehow survive these events but our Mrrrryah - will she survive unscathed without a break in the 'cycle'? A friend of mine's son did not - 22 and gone. I am beyond worried about you, dear Mrrryah; I am truly scared.

SoberLeigh said it best.
Screw work M. You need to focus on numero UNO and that is you. Work will figure it out, they always do.
As much as it hurts, we are replaceable. I thought otherwise too when **** hit the fan. But no, work is work and they will survive.
Old 11-17-2014, 08:27 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

oh M. I hope you are feeling a little better today.

"As for work, it is not your problem that your boss quit; workplaces somehow survive these events but our Mrrrryah - will she survive unscathed without a break in the 'cycle'? A friend of mine's son did not - 22 and gone. I am beyond worried about you, dear Mrrryah; I am truly scared."

SoberLeigh said that best. Work? no. You need to worry about YOU.
And I know it sucks, but work WILL go on. We are not special unique snowflakes. They will survive without you.
But will YOU survive if you don't get help ASAP? that should be the main question.
Old 11-17-2014, 08:28 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

what the hell??? I didn't mean to post all those. This PC is whack. sorry guys
Old 11-17-2014, 08:33 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Good luck, Mrrryah! Keep your head up.. you know it gets better.
Old 11-17-2014, 10:12 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

I'm pulling for you--the beginning is so hard but the journey is worth it.

Please keep trying.
Old 11-17-2014, 01:40 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Here's hoping today has been a little better for you.

If not, come lean on us and vent. Maybe a phone call to a sober friend? Someone who may understand?

I was wondering how you felt about that poem I shared with you. A penny for your thoughts?
Old 11-17-2014, 02:38 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by newhope01 View Post
I am so happy to see that you have updated us with how are you doing. Not so happy to hear how you are not feeling to well right now.

I went through the same thing last Friday. Something triggered me and I was crying uncontrollably for hours. I wanted to drink and almost did but SR was able to talk me off that ledge.

These feelings suck but its part of life. Whenever I feel particularly down I remember this poem by Kahlil Gibran, particularly this quote:
"Some of you say, "Joy is greater thar sorrow," and others say, "Nay, sorrow is the greater."But I say unto you, they are inseparable.
Together they come, and when one sits, alone with you at your board, remember that the other is asleep upon your bed."

He says that the deeper our sorrow carves into our being, the more joy we may contain. We cannot truly experience and appreciate our lives if we never knew what it felt to suffer.

Give the whole poem a good read and see if it helps.

Kahlil Gibran On Joy and Sorrow
<3

I love it.
Old 11-17-2014, 03:39 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jupiters View Post
. This PC is whack
Sure. Yeah. Computer.

How ya feeling today Myrr?
Old 11-17-2014, 03:52 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

<3

I love it.
Great.

Hopefully you are talking with your parents or your fiance about getting some help for that empty feeling you seem to be having. Are you still attending meetings?

I have been there many times myself before and its just awful. I am so glad it passes. As, one thing I learned over the years is that everything is transient, nothing is permanant.
Old 11-17-2014, 04:04 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jupiters View Post
what the hell??? I didn't mean to post all those. This PC is whack. sorry guys
Thanks for all the love Jupey!!!

<3 back at ya
Old 11-17-2014, 04:07 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Great.

Hopefully you are talking with your parents or your fiance about getting some help for that empty feeling you seem to be having. Are you still attending meetings?

I have been there many times myself before and its just awful. I am so glad it passes. As, one thing I learned over the years is that everything is transient, nothing is permanant.
I'm still bed ridden. I don't know how to explain it. I'm so overcome with fear and anxiety and depression I just can't face anything right now.

Thanks for thinking of me.
Old 11-17-2014, 04:08 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Great.

I'm still bed ridden. I don't know how to explain it. I'm so overcome with fear and anxiety and depression I just can't face anything right now.

Old 11-17-2014, 04:20 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Sounds like depression to me.

You live with your fiance right? Can he take you to the dr's or to a psychologist?

Depression is hard to climb out of alone, you usually need a helping hand. Going to the dr's will be a good start.