Notices

What was your BOTTOM?

Old 11-14-2014, 05:49 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Lost job in June(Week long intense bender...sleeping in car and not coming home all week. Wearing the same clothes for multiple days, falling asleep at work etc), DUI in July in jail for 3 days, broke and couldn't pay bills, mother in law hating me and just moving into a new place just before losing my job, being denied unemployment, rental house in almost being foreclosed on. Those were some fun days 5 months ago. Trust me they weren't stressful at all. Top it off I'm diabetic , 34, married, 2 kids.

Ha awesome
Old 11-14-2014, 08:43 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
getting there

My drinking was getting worse very quickly. I was easily downing 2 bottles of wine every week night, and spending every weekend flat drunk from Friday through Sunday.

This very weekend last year I was so wasted that I missed/ignored texts and calls from my best friend all weekend. Finally she had to come over to break into my house and see that I was still alive. I madly threw wine bottles into cabinets and ran to my bedroom to pretend I was just sleeping. Hearing the tears in her voice as she was calling my name is something I will never forget. The next day I got several more bottles of wine, got wasted, and decided to finally confess my problem to her (I was an alone drinker and no one in my real life knew about it). I ran out of wine and even drank mouthwash that night for the first time ever.

That day was my turning point. Haven't had a drink since and I will have a year sober on Tuesday.
Old 11-14-2014, 08:52 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Never sick of you, Serenidad.

I wanted to die. When I woke up in the morning, I was angry. Angry I didn't die in my sleep, angry I had to fight drinking another day, knowing I would lose. I felt defeated, stuck, hopeless. I cared about nothing, no one. I was done. There was no forward movement in my life, every day was the same and I hated myself so much I could hardly do anything but come home from work and drink myself into oblivion.

But I'm a chicken, so I couldn't pull the trigger and just drink 24/7. I was so afraid of what would happen if I got a DUI, or fired from my job, I decided I was DONE. With alcohol. That stagnant, petrified feeling was my bottom. Either it had to stop, or I was going to die. I knew I was going to die if I did not stop drinking.

It took me so many years to come to this realization. But thank god I did.
Old 11-14-2014, 09:02 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

My bottom is or at least should be NOW! I drink to the point of massive hangovers. I can't walk or talk the day after. My equilibrium is off for days. And that happens on a 6 pack as my tolerance is low now. And my daughter is now an addict. Heroine not alcohol. It's a real life bottom. It hurts to the core.