Notices

Spin Off: Recreating Your Sober Life

Old 11-12-2014, 07:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I will NOT drink to that!

Spin Off: Recreating Your Sober Life

In the November Class thread Phoebe made mention of creating your sober life & getting back to the things you used to love. It got me to thinking about how I can recreate my sober life.

Now, that I am feeling much more confident about quitting I want to formally make a plan for myself. So here are the things I want to do (again) now that I am sober:
  • Worktout/Weight Train: Before drinking was my problem, I was fit.
  • Take Pride In My Appearance: I used to take pride in how I looked. I got my nails done & hair done regularly. I will do this again.
  • Give My Dogs Attention: They are well taken care of but lost out on genuine affection because alcohol took over.
  • Do More Activities With My Daughter: I feel like I could be doing more fun stuff with her.

What things do you plan on doing now that you're sober?
Old 11-12-2014, 07:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

ok, this could be fun and positive.

I want to start walking regularly
I want to finally get my career off the ground. Being an alcoholic since my early 20's really put my life on "pause."
I want to have another baby!!!!!
Old 11-12-2014, 07:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I pretty much share your list. It is my constant, except add in a son along with the daughter and take away the dogs.

Add eat healthy 90% of the time, rather than about 60% of the time.

get my house clean and organized, and keep it that way. Not so much a goal about rebuilding my life, but it depresses me and stresses me out that we have so much excess stuff and clutter. It keeps me from moving forward, and from doing more fun things with the kids.

Find a job, maybe return to my former career. This is a tough one. My kids still need me a lot. ADHD(need some supervision to do work after school), rides, and such. I would love to find a job with perfect hours for that.
Old 11-12-2014, 08:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I will NOT drink to that!

Originally Posted by phoebe64 View Post
I pretty much share your list. It is my constant, except add in a son along with the daughter and take away the dogs.

Add eat healthy 90% of the time, rather than about 60% of the time.

get my house clean and organized, and keep it that way. Not so much a goal about rebuilding my life, but it depresses me and stresses me out that we have so much excess stuff and clutter. It keeps me from moving forward, and from doing more fun things with the kids.

Find a job, maybe return to my former career. This is a tough one. My kids still need me a lot. ADHD(need some supervision to do work after school), rides, and such. I would love to find a job with perfect hours for that.
Oh, yes, Phoebe....I need to eat better too. But I am working on that & have lost a total of 11lbs so far.

I also need to get my house cleaned & organized too. Ugh, I get overwhelmed & shut down. So that is something I need to work on too.
Old 11-12-2014, 08:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Professional zombie fighter

I never had much of a sober life to begin with so there's not mucho on the list :p The last time I wasn't relying on alcohol I was in college. I'm starting from scratch kind of :/

But before things got really bad I

Had friends

Cared about my job more

Those would be good to do again.
Old 11-12-2014, 08:24 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Sounds like a very good plan JT