Notices

Where is a trustworthy place to buy Antabuse online?

Old 11-12-2014, 06:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Where is a trustworthy place to buy Antabuse online?

Hello all,

I'm new to SR and signed up to try to find a reputable place to buy Antabuse online. I finally came to the realization last week that I'm an alcoholic and have been absolutely disheartened this past week at the hurdles one has to go through to get a scrip for Antabuse! I went to my PCP (thinking that my medical background (I'm in med school), admission of alcoholism, and desire to change would be more than enough to get a scrip for Antabuse) but he refused to write it instead referring me to some sub-par local drug/alcohol rehab place.

I guess I thought a scrip that makes you sick when you drink would be easy to come by - I just can't imagine that the masses line up for a drug like this - it's not oxycodone or valium!!

Anyways, does anyone on here have any experience buying it online from Canada? Please feel free to PM me.

Thanks!
Old 11-12-2014, 06:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I think there is a solid rationale behind not writing scripts for antabuse. It is a bandaid approach to the multi-faceted problem. There is another person on this forum who took it. Do a search and read her expriences. You might change your mind. Good luck.

p.s. - how can you manage med school as an alcoholic?
Old 11-12-2014, 07:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

No experience with the stuff. Many here have used it as a tool in the beginning but were prescribed. My understanding is it can cause some damage if one drinks on it and dosage is calibrated by weight. Maybe you could talk to another Dr. about a detox/recovery plan that it will help you?
Old 11-12-2014, 07:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Antabuse is a bandaid for a deep cut. It will do you no good if you don't deal with your issues. Stick around, read and post. We will be here for support.
Old 11-12-2014, 07:32 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Antabuse isn't to be messed with. Your doctor must have their reasons for not giving you it. You are at med school,not a registered doctor. So I would go with what those who are qualified are saying as opposed to buying it online. It is strong stuff.

Why not try the 'sub par' local rehab place. It's good to humble ourselves as alcoholics and get help from our fellows. We are all equal, and thinking we are above others will get us nowhere.

If you're dead set against it perhaps try AA?

SR is also an excellent tool. Welcome to the forum.
Old 11-12-2014, 07:37 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

This is not a place to come to find reliable online sources for buying drugs. This is a Recovery website.

I agree with all the above.

Antabuse, in my opinion, allows people to not accept completely, that alcohol is no longer an option. It's a bandaid solution.
Old 11-12-2014, 01:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome MyLiverHatesMe

Apart from the dangers of buying meds online (who knows whats really in them?)
Antabuse isn't suitable for everyone, so you're way better off seeing someone face to face, discussing your problem, and see what the medico suggests

D
Old 11-12-2014, 02:23 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Do your best

Never buy drugs online ....sheeze go to a doctor
Old 11-12-2014, 03:02 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ArtFriend View Post

p.s. - how can you manage med school as an alcoholic?
Believe me, it can be done!
Old 11-12-2014, 03:13 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi ! I never took Antabuse but it seems I got sick plenty often. I mean, puking, shaking headaches from hell and suchlike. Also the shame, the embarrassment and the humiliation didn't deter me either.

For me, the best deal was learning about the disease I have (addiction) and the ways to live day by day. You might take a look at AVRT (addictive voice recognition technique) and Rational Recovery, that works best for me. AA is good too. You can get support and learn how to live a more calm, sane life. AA was helpful for me but I think RR and AVRT have helped the most with not drinking, AA worked best for recovering my life.
I hope this helps!

love from Lenina
Old 11-12-2014, 03:23 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Low

Antabuse can be a tool, but NO where near a solution. It doesn't address any issues of our drinking problem, or help our minds and that's what is really sick in active alcoholism... I had ten years of wonderful sobriety at one point. After my relapse, the cravings were worse than anything I had experienced in my "other" drinking life. After getting a scrip for antabuse, I would sometimes stop taking it for a couple days so I COULD drink, and twice I drank on it as the cravings were so bad...which lands one in the ER, (so fun). Take others advice here, address the real problem, not the symptoms. All the best.