Notices

Just wasted....

Old 11-10-2014, 08:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

45 minutes of my life in a dirty smelly gin mill with cheap drinks. On my 3rd grapefruit and vodka (pints) after 3 beers at home (walked to the bar a few blocks away). Went to my godsons bday party and had 5 miller 64's, which is VERY LIGHT for me last night. (The whole 6 hours) . After last night I thought I could do a light night tonight . I know I can't drink like a normal person. Try again tomorrow. Not asking for advice. Just venting. Having a hard time doing this . Aa is not for me. Wife is sober 6 years. It's time for me but I didn't do it tonight. I know what I have to do. I have to "start stopping" again tomorrow. Oh and yes 3 pints of liquor in 45 smelly minutes with what are some folks who are between street homeless drunk and those who could be.
Old 11-10-2014, 09:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Doesn't sound like much fun Charlie...

have you tried other things besides AA?

D
Old 11-10-2014, 10:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Doesn't sound like much fun Charlie... have you tried other things besides AA? D
Nope. Going to bed. Left after the 4th. Ate something, which I didn't do for hours and I think that was my trigger. Hunger and too much caffeine are my triggers. Surprisingly better mood and not hammered. Tomorrow (today) is back to day one. Thanks for the response. I thought it would've been crickets which I was kinda "asking for" but didn't mean it. Thanks again D. Tomorrow's a new day.
Old 11-10-2014, 10:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Drop in anytime Charlie

D
Old 11-11-2014, 04:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Charlie.
At some point I had misgivings about AA also but my pain and misery overtook the misgivings and years later I’m grateful for all the “KEEP COMING” words I heard.
Whatever path you choose to get sobriety stay with it, following the plan works when we work it.

BE WELL
Old 11-11-2014, 07:05 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

nobody wants a charlie in the box! a drunk charlie in the box anyway.
welcome to the land of misfit drinkers.
you can turn your life around if you are ready to put down the drink and work towards sobriety.