Notices

co-parenting disaster

Old 11-10-2014, 07:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

co-parenting disaster

my ex husband and I have always had a volatile co-parenting relationship with one another we are completely incompatible and have different values in Our household. We have always tried to compromise for the betterment of our son Ryan.various things have happened lately and our co parenting relationship has disintegrated into a very hateful toxic line of communication with one another. I spent the last 5 years drowning my sorrows and frustrations with alcohol. This is the first time since my one year of not drinking that things have gotten this turbulent with my ex husband. I need suggestions on how to deal with this matter. And how to deal with the stress related other than reaching for something to drink. Any helpful ideas would be much appreciated. There is no hope of reconciliation in regards to communication. There are even threats of getting lawyers involved at this point. I'm mostly looking for what type of demeanor do I need to have and how can I calm myself down and still maintain a positive attitude during all of this conflict. I really need support right now.
Old 11-10-2014, 07:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I have a nightmare of co parenting with a person who has BPD and a need to mess with my kids In ways that really irk me.

Best thing we can do I think, is focus on us.

We cannot control them and have to know when to just disengage. Sometimes, 'co-parenting' is a passive aggressive weapon.

Exercise, meditation, work the steps if you're willing, and letting go.

Be the best YOU you can be for your children... Let the rest go.
Old 11-10-2014, 08:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Thankful for this community

I am in this too...one year into family court over custody and access. The relationship with my childrens' mother is incredibly toxic and I worry so much for my children. Maybe we can compare notes and commiserate sometime.
When adults behave like children. It makes me sadder than anything I will ever have to deal with...for my children. I'm sorry I can't offer you much other than to say you are not alone.
Stay strong.