Notices

**** Poor Excuse

Old 07-30-2004, 04:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Kim
Stop this ride I wanna get off

**** Poor Excuse

To have a beer. There goes my 47 days. I just bought a new Escape today. The kicker is my hubby is out of town and I basically did all the research, legwork, paperwork, etc. by myself. Hopefully I made a good choice . At least I'm not drowning any sorrows. Please pray with me that I can stop at just one.

I was really starting to enjoy my sobriety too. The cravings were basically gone.

Anyway, guess it was my turn to f**k up. Back to the drawing board, onward and upward, etc., etc.
Old 07-30-2004, 04:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Kim
Stop this ride I wanna get off

I'm done. All that beer did was give me a splitting headache.
Old 07-30-2004, 08:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
sam082602

Smile Hello, Kim...My name is Samantha, alcoholic & addict

Kim,
:scared1: I know that it is a scary thought that something so cunning, baffling, and powerful that we go right back out there for some damn research but hell, I am a recovering chronic relapser (their word, not mine cuz' I personally don't believe in relapse but I do believe in making that conscious or unconscious decision to get f**cked up once again), a recovering alcoholic, a recovering addict, and now also a newly recovering codependent that has been right where you are now!! Hell, we have a disease according to our big book that is not only going to kick our ass over but that if we do as it is suggested in that big book ours than that disease has a working solution to it so pick yourself up off that floor and get back into active solution and out of active disease!! If you need support, feel free to PM me anytime!! You can do it, Kim, we all can, as long as you, me, and we all do the foot work everyday, all day!! Love ya!!
Love, Samantha

Old 07-30-2004, 10:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey Kim,

Don't beat yourself up. I think your excuse has been mine about 3,726 times now. Don't remember ... lost count. At least you are back and staying clean today.

Hang in there.

Albert R.
Old 07-31-2004, 10:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Headed in the right direction.

Kim,
Thanks for posting! SO glad 1 was it. Welcome back to sobriety. Keep remembering that the splitting headache is the very least of what drinking can bring you.

Now you can go have fun in your new Escape. Every hour is a new hour! Just as every day is a new day. You found the strength to stop and that really counts for something! Keep posting and let us know how much fun you are having with your new vehicle!