Notices

New person

Old 07-30-2004, 03:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

New person

Hello everyone,

My real name is Jeff, and just to introduce myself for the first time, Please let me briefly (at least TRY to be brief) explain my dilemma.
My true realization that I had a big problem on my hands came 2 weeks ago and I'ts been a very rough 2 weeks. When I first sought treatment I didn't really know how or where to go so it took about a week before I actually started treatment. Although I did "o.k." I still slipped up But was directed to "just not give up". Well, just the night before last, when I went to bed (drunk) I told myself that "tomorrow" would be a different day. And thats when It "ALLLLLL" started. And let me tell you It was probably one of the worst days of my life. I wanted to drink so bad even after my morning treatment meeting, that I went and got some beer. But when it came to actually drinking it, I told myself that if I wanted to be any kind of "Father" to my kids (my wife left me 6 months ago too with the kids) then I better not.

I seriously CRIED like a baby because I was so torn between the two. But, THANKFULLY, my kids won. I got rid of the beer, went to an evening treatment meeting and afterwards, went to my first A.A. meeting, and after that I was so mentally drained and exausted that I sat down on the couch, fell asleep (sober), and woke up to a brand new beautiful day. It has'nt been so bad today and I'm still sober (no beer in the fridge either) . I went to an A.A. meeting this afternoon and there's one coming up here at 8:00 this evening also and I plan on being at that one too. Day number 2 is almost over.

I found this site today to Hopefully find direction and help in my idle time. I know It's still going to be a looong haaaard road and I'm still very new to recovery and A.A.
Thank you,
Jeff
Old 07-30-2004, 04:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Jeff and welcome,

I'm glad you found us and I can so relate to your desire to drink increasing when you definitely decide to not drink. That's the game this disease plays with us. Congratulations on getting through a tough day and I hope you hang on and keep posting. There's lots of support here.

Love, Anna
Old 07-30-2004, 04:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
ted
OH SH!T

HEY JEFF,YOUR MAKING SOME WISE CHOICES MY FRIEND.
I'M TED ALCOHOLIC/ADDICT.
ABSTAINING,MEETINGS,SOBER RECOVERY,WORKING THE STEPS WITH MY SPONSOR.
LIFES A WHOLE LOT BETTER TODAY.GLAD YOUR HERE MAN.......ted
Old 07-30-2004, 04:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Dan

Welcome Jeff!
What a story...
Our children deserve sober fathers.
Mine are 6 and 4.
I stopped the insanity early enough.
Glad you're here.
Old 07-30-2004, 05:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Jeff, and welcome - I'm Deg, nice to meet you. about a year and a half ago my wife left me too - mostly down to the drinking , that's me drinking not her! I know how you feel, I have two boys now 11 and 8 , and loosing them was the hardest thing.
I'm lucky to be back home again now, and have just got back from a holiday wilth all the family. I don't deserve to have been let back into the house and If it takes me a lifetime, I'm going to make up for the drunken mess I got my family into.

Glad you've found us. Give those kids a dad to be proud of. They deserve it.

Deg.
Old 07-30-2004, 05:48 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Welcome Jeff,
Glad you're here.....
Old 07-30-2004, 06:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Paused

I'm back from my 8:00 P.M. A.A. meeting and still sober (didn't stop at the bar or drive-thru, afterwards).
Thank you all for welcoming me and I will surely keep posting.
I have 3 kids, 1 boy age 7, and 2 girls ages 5 and 3 and I think I will consider them part of my higher power along with God. THEY, along with HIM, helped me through that very rough day resterday. Oh, and along with my treatment and A.A.
Old 07-30-2004, 06:51 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Paused

Dan and Deg, you are both very lucky guys. I wish I could be so lucky.

But remember Deg, It's not really up to you to decide what you deserve or don't deserve. I think it's up to SOMEONE or SOMETHING else that makes that decision.
Old 07-30-2004, 10:07 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome Jeff,

I think we have all been where you are at . There is hope. It sounds like you are on your way, Keep posting we are here for you.

Love, Lin
Old 07-30-2004, 11:36 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

keep postin, but watch out for that hoser DangerousDan....he's got got some spellbinders......j/k
there's alot of folks here for some good help and advise, i'm just picking on dan.
SR for me means self-realization.
Aloha
Old 07-31-2004, 04:09 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi Jeff
I'm Rowan, alcoholic. I just wanted to welcome you here and to congratulate you on your decision to give up alcohol. You have found a terrific site for support as you travel down the road to recovery. Please keep posting and let us know how you are doing. I'm glad you're here.
Rowan
Old 07-31-2004, 12:00 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi Jeff Gooch here addict.. I see your from Newark Ohio.. I live about 10 miles south of Newark.. the one in NY lol ..

Keep hitting the meetings and take things in small bites. Theres life beyond addiction and it's pretty sweet.
Old 07-31-2004, 07:45 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Welcome Jeff! Glad to have you here!
Old 07-31-2004, 08:02 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Welcome Jeff!
congratulations on your decision!!
Old 08-01-2004, 05:10 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Welcome Jeff,

My name is Terry, Alcoholic/addict and clean for 36 days. I feel your pain, my wife left a little more than a month ago and took my 2 boys ages 10 and 5 with her. You made the right choice in getting sober, trust me your relationship with your kids will be so much better when you are clean and sober. I just spent yesterday afternoon with my boys and we had a great time, if I was still using they wouldn't want to have anything to do with me. My wife still doesn't want to have anything to do with me, but there is nothing I can do about that.
Congratulations on day 2 and I hope day 3 is even better for you. It does get better, just don't use today, don't worry about tomorrow it will take care of itself. I am glad you found us. Hang in there.

Old 08-01-2004, 06:01 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Welcome Jeff,
This is such a wonderful place. The people here really care about one another and we help each other through our struggles. I'm glad to hear that you're going to meetings. They are very important to my recovery. Stick around and get to know to know us. One day at a time, it keeps getting better!
Sherry
Old 08-01-2004, 01:00 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome Jeff,
Indigo here drunk/addict clean and sober today, keep coming back it's never to late to succeed to gain people's trust to get some pride back and keep faith.
Indigo
Old 08-01-2004, 02:49 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
we're all mad here!

Hi Jeff

I'm Ann, alkie and addict in recovery.

Are you on day 3 now?

Sounds like you are making excellent choices. Kids or alcohol = kids win. No booze is the only way you're going to get them back. And you're doing it!

Congradulations on those AA meetings. They are a Godsend.
Old 08-01-2004, 03:51 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

hey there jeff, congrats on decision to not drink. i see your are from newark, oh. i live in lancaster. if i heard right there is a meeting place out in newark or zanesville maybe , memory fades sometimes called the alley, supposed to be a kick a** meeting. might want to check it out.

just wanted to wish you luck i found this site yesterday, glad i did. nothing like added support.

good luck

terry
Old 08-02-2004, 05:17 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
NOT EVEN 1 CLUB!!

Hey Jeff!! Welcome to SR!! Congrats on decision not to drink that is great. We definately need the help of other like us to get through this. Keep posting!! Lots of experience, strength, and hope here with no judgement!!

Hugs,
Missy