Notices

another one down..

Old 11-10-2014, 11:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

another one down..

Had a pretty rough day, basically bad news flying from every direction. It's just one of those days when you wish you didn't got up from bed in the morning.

Anyway, managed to get over them, pretty calm (surprising), and when i got home my mom called.

I have an uncle, divorced, alcoholic, homeless. Hospitalized several times due to alcoholism, refused threatment and rehab.

This summer he was drunk one night, walked on an express road, and a car hit him. Hospitalized, recovered with skull and knee implants payed by all our family, was offered a home and a small stable income.
Everything went great. He looked like he was ready to start a new life at 55 and i was happy for him.

BUT... 3 weeks later he trashed the house, stole some money from a relative, stole cigarettes, broke a window at a bar and dissapeared again.

No one knew where he is, until 3 days ago.
He was found by a 911 call, unconscious in street. The paramedics found out that he drunk large amounts of medicinal alcohol.
Today i heard that the doctors found out that his spine was broken(another accident, maybe?) and now he is dead. At 55 years. With a wife and a little girl he hasn't seen or spoken in 10 years.

I feel sad, my tears are rolling down and i can't control myself. And i know this is just one of thousands and thousands of sad stories happening everywhere as i write this... I really don't get it.. how could this thing still be legal??
Old 11-10-2014, 11:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Very tragic story, weirdesttoner. I am very sorry for all those involved.
Old 11-10-2014, 11:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

That's a very sad story and I am sorry for your loss.

A stark reminder that not everyone with a substance addiction makes it. Lessons for us all here, I think.

Be well.
Old 11-10-2014, 11:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family. Your family did what they could to offer him the help he needed. Unfortunately, he did not see how much value his life had. All you can do now is learn from his mistakes and keep him in your prayers.
Old 11-10-2014, 12:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am so sorry for your loss.

I lost my father last year to alcohol-related organ failure. He was 49. I've thought and thought and grieved and struggled and finally committed to being sober.

My thoughts are with you; I know how you feel. Please pm me anytime you need to. *hugs*
Old 11-10-2014, 01:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for your loss WS.

D
Old 11-10-2014, 01:13 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm very sorry for your loss. That's such a sad story.

But, it's not the alcohol that's the problem. It's us.
Old 11-10-2014, 01:24 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi WS im really sorry for your loss

Unfortunately Alcohol is so accepted to the point of making illegal sounds insane

the argument i hear most is why should alcoholics ruin it for the 'normal' drinker ?

in that same vein then Should crack be Legal ? or is it the crack addicts ruining it for the 'normal' Crack smoker

its how you look at it but i completly agree with you

really sorry for your loss WS